• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-b reverse?

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
I know that this exists, but for some reason I try to reverse the up b before the "poof" but instead either sheik moves to the side I go to or the up b goes into that direction. Is there a way I can change the direction I'm facing right before or right after without changing the direction of the move itself?

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's possible to go straight up and still change the way you're facing. Try wall jumping to get some distance from the stage (also bonus height) so you can vanish to the ledge or stage.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
It is deffinatly possible to go straight up and changing orientation at the same time.
I cannot control this at all, but I know it's possible and something that I'd like to work on at some point.
The technique lies in moving the control stick ever so slightly to the side you wanna face at. Too much and you will teleport in that direction. Too little and it won't have an effect.

What I currently do is one of 2 things.
For the vast majority of those situations I move during the first part of the UpB, enough that I can aim at the ledge for the poof.
If that option is not there, then I hold directly up and then move the control stick slightly to the side to find the very slight directional input.

I could be wrong but I think the zone you want the control stick in is the same as the slowest walk.
So I guess you can try and walk a bit back and forth and find that zone.
Then UpB standing on the stage and try and reverse it using that same zone.
Good luck

Last edited:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
It is deffinatly possible to go straight up and changing orientation at the same time.
I cannot control this at all, but I know it's possible and something that I'd like to work on at some point.
The technique lies in moving the control stick ever so slightly to the side you wanna face at. Too much and you will teleport in that direction. Too little and it won't have an effect.

What I currently do is one of 2 things.
For the vast majority of those situations I move during the first part of the UpB, enough that I can aim at the ledge for the poof.
If that option is not there, then I hold directly up and then move the control stick slightly to the side to find the very slight directional input.

I could be wrong but I think the zone you want the control stick in is the same as the slowest walk.
So I guess you can try and walk a bit back and forth and find that zone.
Then UpB standing on the stage and try and reverse it using that same zone.
Good luck
Could you possibly provide a video of you or anyone else doing it? I must've tried 100+ times and I've never been able to get it to work. I can't find any details about people doing it either. I always thought it was possible too but after trying myself and never seeing anyone else do it I'm not sure.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Sure

What I did in the video here is to hold the stick just to the left of the dead zone.
I just tested the steep angle method and I can´t get it to work.
I think I confused it with teleporting at the steep angle which, ofc, it works perfectly for :)

Last edited:

Ministry

Smash Ace
i do it pretty often its not that difficult once you now the distance in which u tilt the control stick. press up b, then ever ever so slightly hold to the opposite direction. you can hold right away after pressing up b.

Top Bottom