• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B reverse glide thingy messing me up, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Hello folks,

There's an annoying thing I've been encountering a lot since starting to seriously play Falco that I'd love some help in preventing. I love going for the SH side-B to edge guard, and then double jump -> up-B back to the ledge. Problem is, some of the time I try to pull this off, the up-B slides me the wrong way (AWAY from the stage) while charging, and makes me SD. I'm nearly positive I'm not accidentally inputting anything in that direction, so I have no idea what causes it. To clarify: I side-B off-stage, second-jump towards the stage, and up-B towards the stage. The up-B still goes towards the stage, but when charging up it slides away from the stage causing me to not reach all the way back.

Where am I messing up? This only happens about 1/10 times, but it's still frequent enough to have become really annoying.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
That's weird, I don't think I've ever run into this problem.
Do you have a video of this going on? Otherwise all I can say is just try to hold the direction you want to go as soon as you go for the up b or try a wall jump up b recovery.

Bazzeltroff

Smash Rookie
Im assuming you're hitting the stage while charging Up-B, which causes you to bounce off of the stage, and float the opposite direction. That's my 2 cents!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Im assuming you're hitting the stage while charging Up-B, which causes you to bounce off of the stage, and float the opposite direction. That's my 2 cents!
pretty sure a double jump doesnt send you far enough to even get near the edge. Also you can't "bounce" off the stage with Up-B

the "sliding" start up of Up-B is caused by your initial direction you held when you first started Up-B
so you might have done something like
:GCUR::GCB: to start the Up-B

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Hm, I'll try to catch a video of it next time it happens. Maybe it's as Zionaze says that I accidentally press back-up-B instead, but I've been very careful about it. And no, it's not when the firebird finishes, it's when it starts the glide happens. Thanks for your replies so far!

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure a double jump doesnt send you far enough to even get near the edge. Also you can't "bounce" off the stage with Up-B

the "sliding" start up of Up-B is caused by your initial direction you held when you first started Up-B
so you might have done something like
:GCUR::GCB: to start the Up-B
Actually that's caused by the game's physics, the game lets your momentum move you slightly, depending on the direction you input.
There is a "bounce" when you hit the wall, but it barely helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom