• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-B Recovery Glitch?

Blazen

Smash Rookie
When trying to recover with Up-B while Popo and Nana were practically touching they acted like they were alone instead of their regular Up-B. This has happened to me twice in the 3 games I have played with them.

Other times they can be a huge distance apart and it works just fine.

Is there some information that I am unfamiliar with to determine which recovery they do? (If so I will check at a later time since I wasn't paying attention to anything else during these occurances). Not sure if this is actually a glitch or something I did wrong so I put it here instead of the bug reports section.

SouthernGent

Smash Cadet
I noticed the same thing happening when messing around in training mode, for me what was happening was that I used up-b to recover shortly after Nana did it on her own and the ending result would be them both falling to their death. It appears that you can't successfully up-b with both of them if Nana is still with in the up-b animation from trying to save herself.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
If Up B is giving you trouble when it comes to recovering, try using Side B. Rapidly mashing the B button during Side B is an incredible recovery, and it is the best recovery option Solo Popo (or Nana) has.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This happens because the climbers are not synched. If you use a move like uair or something before up-bing then you won't have this problem or if you make sure they are properly synched. Trying to up-b too soon will result in this happening, it's not a bug it's just how ice climbers work.

Nemy

群れ
This happens because the climbers are not synched. If you use a move like uair or something before up-bing then you won't have this problem or if you make sure they are properly synched. Trying to up-b too soon will result in this happening, it's not a bug it's just how ice climbers work.
This^

I see alot of people claiming its a bug but its something that happens in brawl as well. Take your ime and make sure theyre synched up. When its safe I like to throw out an upair to get them synched up.

Blazen

Smash Rookie
Well I wasn't sure, I am kind of new to competitive ssb and didn't explore ICs much in melee. Thanks for the input though! :D If you have any more advice on ICs it would be greatly appreciated as well

Nemy

群れ
Well I wasn't sure, I am kind of new to competitive ssb and didn't explore ICs much in melee. Thanks for the input though! :D If you have any more advice on ICs it would be greatly appreciated as well
Check out the first impressions thread theres a few good pointers in there.

Top Bottom