• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP-b glitching in 2.6b?

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
So i was playing a lot of ivy in 2.6 and yesterday again trying out 2.6b, somehow at some stages (especially where the edges are not on a completely flat stage, like yoshi's story/island and stages like that, also kj64)

and sometimes my up-b just went through the edge and i died, which seemed REALLY weird in this situation where i + my friend (who also plays a lot of ivy since 2.5) were 100% it would work normally.

did you change anything to this in 2.6b?

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
I had a similar problem with the right ledge of final destination in 2.6, but M22k had me download the 2.5b version and it worked fine so I think that's all they touched. Maybe it's Ivy's tether with the bug rather than the actual ledges then...? Regardless, I think you should post this with the Bug Reporting threads so that the PMBR is more likely to see it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
As far as Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island are concerned, there's a weird thing we haven't been able to fix where if platforms are in the way, the Up-B won't try to latch. The cloud on Story and the Support Ghost on Island both screw with it. :(

Vickyboi

Smash Cadet
Somehow I could jump after missing the ledge by doing Up-b the wrong way.
It was on FD, Sheik had the ledge and I jumped(I think), did Up-b, and then I jumped again without grabbing the ledge or landing on the stage.
What causes this?

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Somehow I could jump after missing the ledge by doing Up-b the wrong way.
It was on FD, Sheik had the ledge and I jumped(I think), did Up-b, and then I jumped again without grabbing the ledge or landing on the stage.
What causes this?
It sounds like you used the tether a fourth time. After you've used three tethers before touching the ground, you can't use it to grab the edge the same way. Ivy will "tether" the edge, pop up in the air a bit, and be sent into the special fall animation. It kind of looks like the extra jump you described.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Interesting. It looks like "sliding up" the side of the stage also made the game think that you were on the ground at some point. I'm not sure why it allowed you to cancel the Up-B animation before it was finished, but, that's pretty interesting. I'll take a look at it.

Top Bottom