• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UP+B canceling and being consistent

Lunkd

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing this technique for a while and I have just been wondering if this is worth practicing a lot. I'm usually 100% consistent with canceling out of shield and or just anytime I try to up + B cancel. This isn't me just trying to brag but I wanna ask if becoming really consistent with this is even useful. As will it ever help in real game because I can see it being useful in moments where the player is being really aggressive.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
upB cancel out of shield is definetly useful to push back pressure/especially Fox/Falco shine pressure

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I've personally gotten really consistent at up b cancels. I can get 4 to 5 in a row without messing up and that's a raw up b cancel, where you cancel it without hitting someone. If you hit someone with it you get an extra frame or two to cancel. It kind of feels like westballz spamming double shines XD.

Honestly, it's useful but it's not a priority... only practice it when you start getting good at everything else...

Basically... UPB cancel is useful at times... but rarely... and it's risky... if you miss it get ready for a punish. The only match up that you can potentially maybe regularly use it is against fox and eve less captain falcon...

You don't NEED up b cancel to get good with Doc... Shroomed can do it but I have never seen a match where he used it. I've personally have only ever used it in friendlies a couple times and I only once I got a follow up on it.

If you can't do it or at least not consistently... don't worry about it and besides... there's cooler things than an up b cancel like SHBAWD and pill mix ups.

Last edited:

Lunkd

Smash Rookie
tha
I've personally gotten really consistent at up b cancels. I can get 4 to 5 in a row without messing up and that's a raw up b cancel, where you cancel it without hitting someone. If you hit someone with it you get an extra frame or two to cancel. It kind of feels like westballz spamming double shines XD.

Honestly, it's useful but it's not a priority... only practice it when you start getting good at everything else...

Basically... UPB cancel is useful at times... but rarely... and it's risky... if you miss it get ready for a punish. The only match up that you can potentially maybe regularly use it is against fox and eve less captain falcon...

You don't NEED up b cancel to get good with Doc... Shroomed can do it but I have never seen a match where he used it. I've personally have only ever used it in friendlies a couple times and I only once I got a follow up on it.

If you can't do it or at least not consistently... don't worry about it and besides... there's cooler things than an up b cancel like SHBAWD and pill mix ups.
thanks afro mario man

Top Bottom