• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-Air Hit 1

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
1. Does canceling Peaches Up-Air by releasing the Float during the Move remove the second hitbox?

2. Is it even possible not to hit with the second hitbox when hitting the opponent near your back?

3. What's the best way to do thosec Up-Air Spikes?

Ardood

Smash Rookie
1. Yes. You'll have to work out the timing, but yes, that's how to cancel her Up-Air. If you are a little higher off the ground I've noticed that you may have to fast-fall cancel or else the second hitbox comes out.

2. This is also possible, I've done it on accident a couple times. I haven't really gone and practiced doing it, but I imagine the concept is the same as a regular Up-Air.

3. Same answer as above. Canceling her Up-Air after the first hit will spike the opponent.

*Note: These answers are from my experience mostly, if anyone notices something wrong or a better way please let me know! Thanks.

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
I know you can cancel the second hit, what I ment was if to cancel Float would also cancel the Up-Air hitboxes.

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
No

In smash 4, the angle and kb of multihits will change to track your current position, so by falling before hitting with weak hit up air, it turns into a spike. Your then moving too fast to hit with the second hit and the opponent falls out of the move. The aerial doesn't get canceled until you hit the ground.

If you float, do an up air, and then cancel the float and fast fall, the hotboxes are definitely generated until you hit the ground.

By the way, i think there is a q&a thread for this stuff.

Last edited:

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
No

In smash 4, the angle and kb of multihits will change to track your current position, so by falling before hitting with weak hit up air, it turns into a spike. Your then moving too fast to hit with the second hit and the opponent falls out of the move. The aerial doesn't get canceled until you hit the ground.

If you float, do an up air, and then cancel the float and fast fall, the hotboxes are definitely generated until you hit the ground.

By the way, i think there is a q&a thread for this stuff.
Oh ok thanks!

Top Bottom