• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unusual Wolf Flash

aromaticguilt

Smash Rookie
I've read everywhere trying to find something about this, but I haven't stumbled across it yet.
I know all about flash cancelling and what not. But this seems to be the exact opposite. It's as though the Flash is cancelled, but you seem to fly extremely far. And there isn't really any lag upon landing. I actually think it's advantageous when it happens. It really throws my opponent off. I'm not sure how I'm doing it though, and I can't seem to do it when I try to. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about. And if so, how am I doing this?

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
wolf flash has 3 diferent frames where if you press b, then u cancel it. to me it sounds like your just canceling it towards the end. it you cancel wolf flash towards the end, you do slide and go pretty far. i think thats whats hapening

aromaticguilt

Smash Rookie
That's it, I can do it now most of the time, it's still pretty hard to pull of consistently, and it really has no use except for maybe mixing up approaches. I use it to get behind an opponent and quickly do a short hop Bair. Other than that, it doesn't do much.

Loup17

Smash Apprentice
what most people talk about using it for is recovering, as in landing on the stage but using the slide to avoid being punished.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Canceled Wolf Flash is for recovery. Can make for a quicker edgesnap or for increased horizontal distance and/or landing onto the stage. Offensively, it's pretty useless. The longer cancel will send you too far and the shorter cancel will only hit if you're right in the opponent's face.

aromaticguilt

Smash Rookie
Well, Wolf Flash isn't the best offensive move anyway. I do think it's pretty usefull to throw in every now and again though. But you're right, it's mainly for recovery.

Top Bottom