• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unused Victory Fanfares?

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking up some unused Brawl stuff, and I keep coming across these unused names for victory themes. Specifically, this list implies that, like Meta Knight, multiple characters from each franchise could have gotten their own unique fanfare (as well fanfares for Mewtwo and Roy, who never made the final cut.)
This is the list below:
  • snd_bgm_Z09_FLUIGI
  • snd_bgm_Z12_FKUOPA
  • snd_bgm_Z13_FPEACH
  • snd_bgm_Z14_FZELDA
  • snd_bgm_Z15_FSHEIK
  • snd_bgm_Z19_FFALCO
  • snd_bgm_Z20_FGANON
  • snd_bgm_Z24_FZEROSAMUS
  • snd_bgm_Z26_FLUCAS
  • snd_bgm_Z27_FDIDDY
  • snd_bgm_Z28_FPOKETRAINER
  • snd_bgm_Z32_FDEDEDE
  • snd_bgm_Z33_FLUCARIO
  • snd_bgm_Z34_FIKE
  • snd_bgm_Z37_FPURIN
  • snd_bgm_Z38_FMYU2
  • snd_bgm_Z39_FROY
  • snd_bgm_Z41_FTOONLINK
I'm itching to listen to them, but, unfortunately, I haven't found any way to do so. Is there a way I can actually listen to these, like a link to audio files or a YouTube video of some sort? Or are these fanfares totally unavailable like the unused How to Play theme, which was empty?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I've always heard of Roy and Mewtwo having fanfares in the game's data but never heard them. I'm going to assume that the file names are there but the actual sound is unplayable.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I've always liked the idea of each character having individual victory fanfares, and if they hadn't cut so many corners with Smash 4 they might have done it. It's cool to know they were seriously considering it at one point, but I wonder what made them change their minds?

Top Bottom