• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Untapped Camping Potential

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
So a few minutes ago on For Glory, I was up against Duck Hunt. Probably my Least Favorite Matchup, with Samus also vying for that spot. I just spend too much time chasing that damn dog around and it's just not... fun or interesting.

Long story short, I managed to take the first stock, and with three minutes left, I decided to try and play the other guy's game and just run away.

I had loads of fun.

Backflipping all over the place. Staying out of Frisbee range. Quick Drawing across the stage when he jumped.

the greatest minute and a half of my life.

Minute and a half? You may ask. But you said there were the minutes left in the game.
And there were.

The other guy rage quit the match.

I out-camped a Duck Hunt Player.

Ike is too good, y'all.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
That's For Glory.
While that's not necessarily unviable, you have to understand that people you find at a competitive scene have seen these kinds of, not necessarily Gimmicks, but they've seen your trick.

All it takes in smash is a few good mini-combos (because you won't find a lot of actual ones), a good grab conversion, or a hard read followed by an edgeguard.

Running away and camping has its merits, but you can't rely upon it in a clutch situation.

Top Bottom