• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unreactable movement range diagram

RSQ

Smash Rookie
Hey all! I don't know if something like this already exists, but I took data from Schmoo's Movement thread and made a display of how far from the centre of FD (red line) Marth can move within 20 frames. I consider 20 frames to be the amount of time it will take most people to react in a situation as complex as neutral - if you are in a situation of comboing or being combo'd they will most likely react to cues in 14-18 frames. For a legend, the red line is the starting point; white lines are neutral jump to full drift; orange lines are full analog jump + drift; blue line is a single perfect wavedash (leaving 6 frames to input a move); yellow line is dash WD dash; and green line is a simple dash into run. Note that for most distances, and for all distances past a certain point, near-perfect WDs will be faster than run. This time frame just works out weirdly. I will be back more to flesh this out with temporal data (i.e., what movement options accelerate vs slow vs fluctuate over time), vertical ranges, and hitboxes :)

Top Bottom