• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Unpause Countdown

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
This request, I think everyone would benefit from finally:

- A player presses the pause button again to undo the pause screen
- Instead, once the un-pause button is pressed, rather than immediately un-pausing the screen:
- ...announcer counts down: 3, 2, 1 (voice clips from time game end; numbers invisible)
- ...unpauses automatically once announcer says "GO" (similar timing of allowing input as with game start's Ready, Go; but this time "GO" is invisible)​
- Allow inputs to be buffered during that countdown (so that players aren't spamming their buttons)
- this also means disabling the camera controls of the pause screen during this time​
- Allow pressing of the pause button at any point during countdown to cancel countdown and continue pause

I ask for this because melee isn't always played in a tournament setting so while this would be convenient it's also totally unnecessary but would be lovely to have. I know with debug mode's frame advance, inputs can be buffered there so I'm not sure if that would be a better "place" to start. Of course, allowing a frame to advance once per count would be bad because people could use that to abuse SDI.

Last edited:
Top Bottom