• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocked new characters on the wrong profile

SuperSmash88888

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I have two separate profiles for Switch, one for offline play and one that is connected to Nintendo eShop and that works for online play on Switch games. I unlocked all the unlockable Smash Bros Ultimate characters on the offline profile and only later realized that I n00bed it up and now can only play with the 8 starting characters online as there's nothing unlocked on my Switch profile that's linked to online play.

Is there an easy way to be able to use my Switch profile with unlocked characters online? I tried logging into the Switch profile with unlocked characters but realized I don't know the password for logging into this profiles Nintendo account, and that I've entered an incorrect date of birth so I can't do a password reset either :s

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hi,

I have two separate profiles for Switch, one for offline play and one that is connected to Nintendo eShop and that works for online play on Switch games. I unlocked all the unlockable Smash Bros Ultimate characters on the offline profile and only later realized that I n00bed it up and now can only play with the 8 starting characters online as there's nothing unlocked on my Switch profile that's linked to online play.

Is there an easy way to be able to use my Switch profile with unlocked characters online? I tried logging into the Switch profile with unlocked characters but realized I don't know the password for logging into this profiles Nintendo account, and that I've entered an incorrect date of birth so I can't do a password reset either :s
Unless you bought a family plan with your online profile that you can add other accounts to, there is not much you can do except buy another online subscription for the offline profile.

SuperSmash88888

Smash Rookie
Hey Cyndane,

Thanks for the quick response.

Now my issue is that I can't login online to my Nintendo account on the offline profile as I've forgotten the password I've used for that Nintendo account. I'm unable to do a password reset because I've input the wrong date of birth to my profile. Is there any way around this or is my only option to unlock all the characters again, this time on the Switch profile that has online access?

Top Bottom