• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unity fighting game engine

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show off a physics/combo engine I been making in unity. Below is a video of the prototype. The prototype is called 4Stock. Was going to make a stick figure fighting game but reconsidering it now and possibly going to be using it for a different purpose now. But still wanted to show off the prototype I made and get some input.

please check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
initially it was but I wasn't sure what I could do to it to make it different. I was initially planning on a system where people can pick 2 weapon sets and switch between them for their characters.

Currently I'm thinking of just making it a platformer with combat. like a megaman style kinda thing.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Looks solid so far! Good job! I used to make fighting games with Mugen and man, that was a blast. But at the time, I only wanted to make DBZ fighters, haha.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show off a physics/combo engine I been making in unity. Below is a video of the prototype. The prototype is called 4Stock. Was going to make a stick figure fighting game but reconsidering it now and possibly going to be using it for a different purpose now. But still wanted to show off the prototype I made and get some input.

please check it out and let me know what you think! Thanks!

Nice! It looks really good! The animations are pretty fluent and it looks like a solid game. What programming language did you use? I'm currently learning Java and JavaScript. I just want to know how you did this because I'm thinking about developing a game myself. (I know it was made in Unity).

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Thanks!

oh i use C#. in unity i use to use java, but i've moved on to C# because I use a lot of plugins and such from the unity asset store.

its not efficient to try to do everything from scratch so I use a lot of assets and plugins to help with stuff like UI extentions, etc.

Most of these extra programs and extensions are made in C# so if you need to grab variables from them and such, using java script can be a pain cause ull need to find some roundabout way to convert it to be readable by ur javascript.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Thanks!

oh i use C#. in unity i use to use java, but i've moved on to C# because I use a lot of plugins and such from the unity asset store.

its not efficient to try to do everything from scratch so I use a lot of assets and plugins to help with stuff like UI extentions, etc.

Most of these extra programs and extensions are made in C# so if you need to grab variables from them and such, using java script can be a pain cause ull need to find some roundabout way to convert it to be readable by ur javascript.
Alright! Thanks for letting me know! :)

Top Bottom