• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unique game modes you created in smash brothers!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
What special unique game modes did you create in smash brothers? I created a game called sides. Each person takes a side of the stage and throw pokeballs to your opponents side to get the KO. ProJared created a mode where you set a Ganon to handicap 9 and set yours to 3.

What special modes did you create just for smash?

RafalRib

Smash Cadet
NNID
RafalRib
3DS FC
4184-2119-2641
I created a Special Mode that's named Assist Battle! You turn your items all off except Smash Ball, Pokéball and Assist Trophy, then choose a stage and may the best "summoner" win!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Capture the Flag. Custom stages in Brawl, either on symmetrical fields or with each team given half the resources to make the stage with. Projectile items on, either Final Smashes off or characters restricted to certain types of FS. The goal was to cross the center boundary (which always had some visual indicator) and reach the enemy's Spring, which was a required part of each team's territory. To prevent loophole abuse, a fallthrough platform was placed that was required to be traversed before hitting the spring. Damage ratio to .5, teams of two. no friendly fire.

Last edited:

RafalRib

Smash Cadet
NNID
RafalRib
3DS FC
4184-2119-2641
Capture the Flag. Custom stages in Brawl, either on symmetrical fields or with each team given half the resources to make the stage with. Projectile items on, either Final Smashes off or characters restricted to certain types of FS. The goal was to cross the center boundary (which always had some visual indicator) and reach the enemy's Spring, which was a required part of each team's territory. To prevent loophole abuse, a fallthrough platform was placed that was required to be traversed before hitting the spring. Damage ratio to .5, teams of two. no friendly fire.
That's Interesting! :)

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I made a simple game tight called "Mockery"

How to Play: Mockery

- Do a simple free for all.
- Now last place gets to decide who 3rd, 2nd, and 1st have to play as.
- While that happens 3rd, 2nd, and 1st have to think of a name for last place to be called. (in this fashion: http://www.ssbwiki.com/name)

Raijinken

Smash Master
We also made the Character Board Game. Everyone starts on the top-left character (or another agreed upon slot) and progresses in a set direction based on the outcome of a 4-way items FFA on either Random or Ordered stage selection. Common rules for progress included either advancing the inverse of your rank (so first advances 4, last advances 1), or that minus one, (first advances 3) and if you lose twice in a row, you get a pity move to change character. For instance, everyone starts on Mario in Brawl. If A comes in first, B comes in second, C comes in third, and D comes in fourth, A goes to Bowser, B goes to Peach, C goes to Luigi, and D stays on Mario. If D loses the next round (or comes in 3rd), he moves to Luigi.

Winner is the first person to make it to and win on Random. Must come in First to count.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I created a Special Mode that's named Assist Battle! You turn your items all off except Smash Ball, Pokéball and Assist Trophy, then choose a stage and may the best "summoner" win!
yea thats fun, i wish brawls pokemon were better. Most of them are defensive, not like melee's surge of aggressive pokemon

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Not so much a 'unique game mode', but there were often five of us playing Brawl- or P:M in college on weeknights. Rather than playing Rotation Mode (especially given the fifth of us often showed up late), whoever wasn't playing would name a random condition for who'd go out the next round; "Third-fewest KOs", "most edge grabs", "lowest peak damage", "most air time", etc. Some of those resulted in some pretty hilarious matches.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Damnit, I came here just to post this, except with mine the only actual moves you're allowed to use are ones involving other characters, and no Smash Balls. :T

Zol

Smash Apprentice
i created a game mode called "Life"

it's where you put the controller down and go do something else

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My friends and I used to play a game called "Slay the Giant Monkey Beast". Basically, we had had four players in a team match, one of whom was Donkey Kong with maximum handicap on his own team, and the rest of us were on the same team together. Temple only, all items on, try to slay the giant monkey beast.

We rarely ever did. Good times, though, good times.

And then there was "Star". Oh boy. We had a custom stage shaped like a star, entirely solid blocks save for the two thin platforms to get in and out of the stage from. Damage racked up to the high hundreds and it would eventually get to the stage where you'd actually be KO'd by simply glitching out of the walls itself due to the extreme velocities you were being launched at. We pushed the damage counters to such high extremes, the game actually broke itself just to finish the match.

We had fun on that one. Even more fun when a Super Star or Bob-Omb randomly generated within the stage,

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
i created a game mode called "Life"

it's where you put the controller down and go do something else
Nuh uh, me and my friends made that game up first!!!!!

Soccer
Pretty self explanatory; make a flat stage with two of those bus stop looking tunnel things and have soccer balls on.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
In Smash 4, I'm planning an playing catch with Villager's bowling ball and Pocket moves.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
'blaster master'

I find someone who will only use a gamecube controller on brawl and say they can't understand how to play any other control scheme. I put the wii mote and nunchuck in the wii zapper peripheral (cause crossbow hunting ruled) and I beat them with that, occasionally making sure to aim at the screen during KO's just to confuse the hell out of them and make them think it does something.

Alternate name: Trolling.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
I remember making a custom stage in Brawl made up entirely of 5 "donut block" falling block things. Fight on that stage with Heavy Brawl in effect with characters that have average vertical recoveries. It made for a grand old time.

Another fun one is setting Stamina Mode to 1HP and only allowing the use of diving attacks. ROUNDO WAN. DAAIVEKICK!

Last edited:

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
Realistic Smash (Brawl or PM):
Preferably 4 players
  • Go to stamina, set everyone's HP to 1.
  • Have everyone select random.
  • (optional) You can also set the game-speed to slow.
Good luck. The results can be truly hilarious. You have 3 seconds during the countdown to assess your character and positioning.

Perhaps you're lucky and you got Fox. Do you try to instantly take out the guy in front of you with your blaster, or go for the reflector, knowing that there's a Sheik behind you that's probably about throw a needle? Maybe you'll jump, resulting in Sheik's needle flying past you and KOing the guy in front of you.

One hit, and you're dead, so choose carefully.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I remember making a custom stage in Brawl made up entirely of 5 "donut block" falling block things. Fight on that stage with Heavy Brawl in effect with characters that have average vertical recoveries. It made for a grand old time.

Another fun one is setting Stamina Mode to 1HP and only allowing the use of diving attacks. ROUNDO WAN. DAAIVEKICK!
These are great, but not as great as Super Hexagon in your avatar.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I made a simple game tight called "Mockery"

How to Play: Mockery

- Do a simple free for all.
- Now last place gets to decide who 3rd, 2nd, and 1st have to play as.
- While that happens 3rd, 2nd, and 1st have to think of a name for last place to be called. (in this fashion: http://www.ssbwiki.com/name)
Really hope one of you record this with some friends. It does have some hilarious conversations attached.

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
"guitar solo" mode
metal, heavy, bunny hood, fast, 300%.
custom giant stage with small gaps between platforms in layers
jigglypuff only.

never did it myself,though my brother did.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Realistic Smash (Brawl or PM):
Preferably 4 players
  • Go to stamina, set everyone's HP to 1.
  • Have everyone select random.
  • (optional) You can also set the game-speed to slow.
Good luck. The results can be truly hilarious. You have 3 seconds during the countdown to assess your character and positioning.

Perhaps you're lucky and you got Fox. Do you try to instantly take out the guy in front of you with your blaster, or go for the reflector, knowing that there's a Sheik behind you that's probably about throw needle? Maybe you'll jump, resulting in Sheik's needle flying past you and hitting the guy in front of you.

One hit, and you're dead, so choose carefully.
I made a game mode similar to this. It's kind of a twist on King of the Hill.

• Team Stamina Match (Team Attack Off)
  • Choose one player to be the "King"
  • Everyone else is on the same team
  • King gets 300 HP
  • Everyone else gets 10 HP
  • Goal is to defeat the King. The player who gets the kill becomes the next King.
  • If the King wins, his HP is reduced by 20 for the next match.
  • The King must choose Random for their character. The other players can choose whichever character they want.
There ended up being a lot of strategy crafting. It was insane fun.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
Custom stage: fall-through platforms as low as possible across the bottom of the stage with a wall On either side, spikes on the ceiling so nobody starts up there or gets KOs on the top of the screen. Only item is pitfalls.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I call it "Death" in Brawl.
Step 1. Turn off all items except Smart Bombs
Step 2. 4 players, if CPUs, then level 9.
Step 3. Damage ratio: 2.0
Step 4. Special Brawl settings: Light, Fast, bunny, giant, and 300%.
Step 5. Items on High
Step 6. 99 stock match.
Step 7. Stage: Mushroomy kingdom. Either works, but it's better with the 1-2 version.
Step 8. Throw smart bombs.
Step 9. Try to stay alive.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Board Game.

Custom stage with blocks, moving platforms and conveyor belts.

Every player chooses Snake and You take turns. You can either attack once or move once (one block/jump up on one adjacent platform or conveyor belt each turn). If you attack, the other players can avoid your attacks with one move (duck or jump once).

No items. First player to reach the end wins.

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I have another one.

Stamina match, all players get 1 HP.

Everyone chooses Ganondorf.

You may only use Warlock Punch to KO.

Timer on 1 minute.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Turn off every item, except for the Fire Flower. Set Fire Flower to high.
Until your opponent have 300%+ damage, you can only attack with the Fire Flower. After that, anything goes, including tossing the Fire Flower.
If you have more than one opponent, you cannot attack until all of your opponents have 300%+ damage.
This works better on stages with walls. And it only works with human players, obviously.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
A subscriber of mine told me of a game mode called lasers. Set stamina, go to Hyrule temple, and pick fox or Falco. You are only able to use thier b laser move. Seems like a cool idea to try

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I don't have a name for it, but play Smash 3DS, set items on High (since Very High was removed), turn all items except Special Flags off, set it to a time battle, and whoever gets the most flags wins.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I don't have a name for it, but play Smash 3DS, set items on High (since Very High was removed), turn all items except Special Flags off, set it to a time battle, and whoever gets the most flags wins.
dont have a 3ds so ill wait for the wii u : (, just wanna play this game already!

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I have 2 I made up.

Dodgeball
- Create a stage with fall through platforms as low as possible lining the whole bottom.
- Go to Special Brawl and put on Metal, Tiny, and Bunny Ears.
- Items on HIGH with only Pitfalls.
- Everyone only picks Sonic.
- Set Stock to 25.
- Enjoy.

Stamina Arena
- Create a cool indoor arena to your liking.
- Just make sure the whole level is completely surrounded by walls.
- Line the ceiling with spikes to FORCE the players to spawn INSIDE.
- Play on Stamina Mode set to 300 stamina and fight to the death.
- Enjoy.

MadKraken

Smash Cadet
Not really a multiplayer thing, but for practicing character match-ups (and since I don't have friends), I pick the character I want to learn and make the computer the character I want to practice against and make it level 1. Every time I win, I bring its level up by 1 and every time I lose, I bring the level down 1, and fight again. Once the level 9 is beaten, I add a second computer with the same enemy character at level 1 and the trend continues with them until they're level 9 and then a third computer is added... the ultimate goal is to beat three level 9s. I actually have never been successful at this, but it's fun.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I love to do 4 man matches with a common theme, usually against the CPUs. Like I'm planning a Swordsman fight :4link::4shulk::4marth::4pit:, my standard princess fight :4zelda::4peach::4palutena::rosalina:, or fights based on costumes like the pink fight :4falcon::4shulk::4dk::4pit:, or the new black&gold fight :4peach::rosalina::4lucina::4littlemac:

I sometimes also do team fights with 1 CPU like :4link::4zelda:vs:4mario::4peach:
Or the standard 4 man mirror match to see who wins

Top Bottom