• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unimportant question, just want opinions...

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
What tier do you guys think Sheik would be without her fair?

She'd still be decent, with her needles, aerials, tilts ( u c wut i did thar) and grabs in my opinion.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
somone made a topic like this and she would still prolly be about where she is b/c her down smash, bair, and upair are good KOers. Shffl Bairs makes it nearly impossible to get near her and even if u do she still has the gay foward tilt and grabs.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
IMO she's still in the high tier.
The Fair is godly, and it a nice way to end a combo, but sheik has so many other options besides it. The Uair is underestimated, and can kill floaty characters or extend a combo. The down throw is still awesome, and the D-smash can still send people flying if hit right.
I didn't even bring up the needles yet.
What makes Sheik so amazing is that she flows well. Each attack can be chained to the next one. She easily has some of the best comboing skills in Melee. To drop her down a tier because of one move lost, however godly that move is/was, would be foolish.
It'd be like dropping down Marth a tier if his F-Smash was different. That attack is a C-stickers dream, but real Marth players know that his aerial game is excellent, and his tilts are pretty sweet.

my 2 cents.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
IMO she's still in the high tier.
The Fair is godly, and it a nice way to end a combo, but sheik has so many other options besides it. The Uair is underestimated, and can kill floaty characters or extend a combo. The down throw is still awesome, and the D-smash can still send people flying if hit right.
I didn't even bring up the needles yet.
What makes Sheik so amazing is that she flows well. Each attack can be chained to the next one. She easily has some of the best comboing skills in Melee. To drop her down a tier because of one move lost, however godly that move is/was, would be foolish.
It'd be like dropping down Marth a tier if his F-Smash was different. That attack is a C-stickers dream, but real Marth players know that his aerial game is excellent, and his tilts are pretty sweet.

my 2 cents.

EDIT: Whoops. Posted twice.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
marth is a lil diff tho b/c his foward smash is like the "broken" part about him. It has like the most range, edgegaurds like crazy and KOs ppl at low percents. Most air combos that dont end in a spike end in a fsmash.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
marth is a lil diff tho b/c his foward smash is like the "broken" part about him. It has like the most range, edgegaurds like crazy and KOs ppl at low percents. Most air combos that dont end in a spike end in a fsmash.
That may be true, but even without the broken F-smash, Marth is still a very strong character. Sheik's Fair is arguably one of her most useful attacks, but without it, she is still a force to be reckoned with.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Marth's fsmash isn't that bad. Space it properly and he misses most of the time, and whenever he misses it's an easy grab, which absolutely ***** Marth. His no lag tilts and well spaced aerials are what make him so broken, and his ridiculous grab game and edge guarding.

Sheik would be alright without the fair, but not high tier or anything. Sheik users would have to work on perfect edge guarding, as killing by nair/dsmash/bair/uair is pretty difficult to do on a consistent basis. It would also hurt her shffl game a lot.

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
to answer the question i honestly think sheik would be middle tier..
even tho she has other great options for killing her fair is what attracts people to use her.
she could still be high tier but you would have to work on perfect edge guarding.
i don't think sheik would be as populated as she is now if she didn't have fair.
but like someone said up at top.
she still a force to be reckoned with!

Top Bottom