• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unfair GTS Trades

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I feel like a real noob for asking this but... You know how all those people put up like Starlys and Bidoofs, and then demand a level 100 Deoxys for it? How do they do that? Don't you have to have seen the pokemon before you request it?

I don't play Pearl nearly as much as emerald, so I don't know very much about the 4th generation pokedex. But how can they have seen these uber legendaries without having owned them at some point? I was thinking of putting my Milotic and Metagross up on the GTS for them, but then I realized I didn't have the "Seen" entry in my pokedex....

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
They could have battled someone(??), or had that pokemon at some point in the game... The only time I offered a starly was with a rare candy...

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Best explanation: transfered pokemon from R/S/E/FR/LG.
Yeah, but if they transferred it into their game, why are they requesting someone else's over the GTS? I just don't get it. Sorry if I'm being too persistant on the topic, but why not keep your own mew or wtv, and make sure you have full control over its EVs and whatnot? I don't see why someone would upload, trade it away, and then ask for another one by offering a freakin bidoof!

But wtv. That doesn't matter to me. I just want to know how...Cause I've got a lot of good EV/IV pokemon that I'd be more than willing to trade for a mew or an attack form deoxys. (Btw, what form is deoxys in D/P?)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because it works. Enough said.....

And you can change Deoxys' form to whichever you want in DP by going to the meteorite-like rocks in the town with the Galaxy headquarters.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Yeah, but if they transferred it into their game, why are they requesting someone else's over the GTS? I just don't get it. Sorry if I'm being too persistant on the topic, but why not keep your own mew or wtv, and make sure you have full control over its EVs and whatnot? I don't see why someone would upload, trade it away, and then ask for another one by offering a freakin bidoof!

But wtv. That doesn't matter to me. I just want to know how...Cause I've got a lot of good EV/IV pokemon that I'd be more than willing to trade for a mew or an attack form deoxys. (Btw, what form is deoxys in D/P?)
Many reasons:

A.Because they want a higher level one to trade off for something rare.
B..Trying out the cloning glitch.
C.Hoping to get lucky because they're an uber loving noob
D. All of the above

Choose...

Top Bottom