• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Underrated techs

Ersijo

Smash Cadet
So I've noticed that there are many useful techs and strategies that people fail to mention in tutorials. One can hear about shinegrab, laser to jab and safe pressure in every tutorial, but I figured out techniques like wavesurfing, jab to grab and uthrow to nair by studying the pros.

People from smashboards, what are falco's most underrated techniques?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Those aren't really techniques (other than wavesurfing), they're just different ways to combo.

Travis 'Tails'

Smash Rookie
im constantly labbing around for new techs or strats.
perfect wavelands are pretty sweet if you get them down 1 hunna
shine>bair>perfect wavelandtowards them> another bair is wreckage

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
Wavelands are an amazing tool in neutral. Delaying when you shoot lasers is also really useful.
Overrated techs are even more common though; stuff like multishines aren't as useful as they are flashy.

_Dubs

Smash Rookie
How to punish someone who buffer spotdodges OoS your shine-grab/laser-grab: shine-> jump cancel -> charge upsmash until spotdodge is over-> release -> profit

Something creative i do in friendlies lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom