• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undefeatable?

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
There's this smash player on YouTube (well you might have heard of him) his name is AceStarthe3rd. And one of his series is called undefeatable where he plays a character until he loses a match. Now, he goes on for A WHOLE LOT OF MATCHES. Especially with his main (Rosalina and Luma) and he hasn't lost yet (he's on like the 18th episode currently). I get embarrassingly jealous and a little discouraged because I can't last for a few matches online 1v1 even with my mains, even after I change them around, I lose. It got me wondering, how long can you stay undefeatable with your main?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
can someone delete my post? i tried to come up with something but i've got nothing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When your opponent finds a weak spot in one match I guess.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
can someone delete my post? i tried to come up with something but i've got nothing
Nah, I think you should be reminded of your failure.

Also OP, it really depends on the luck of the draw.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
It varies greatly. Sometimes I can't win if I try, and sometimes I can win 20+ times in a row.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Ohhhh I WISH. My friend trains under Ace's Youtube vids and does better than me. But I don't like playing as :rosalina: like my friend does (I admit Rosalina's good) while I train by my mistakes.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
lol is this even real life
Get good.
Refer to the sig

Edit: Anyway, OP, there are a lot of factors here. Stage advantage for Rosalina is one, FD limits engagement options for many characters, especially against a defensive Rosalina. Ace is a good player, no doubt, but he also plays quite a lot of bad players (as For Glory is luck of the draw as far as skill goes), and he also mains a character with no fatal or glaring flaws, unlike most of the cast.

Spend some time in the lab with Rosa and you'll probably win a majority of your FG matches.

tl;dr - gittin gud will go a long way. Picking a character with minimal flaws and playing on stages that stifle approach options for your opponent and you got yourself a pretty good chance of winning.

Last edited:

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
wow man 10/10 great effort im so glad you felt the need to make a thread about it
If you didn't read all the way through the only reason I made the thread is wonder how long people have lasted "undefeatable".... Sooooo....

Last edited:

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
Refer to the sig

Edit: Anyway, OP, there are a lot of factors here. Stage advantage for Rosalina is one, FD limits engagement options for many characters, especially against a defensive Rosalina. Ace is a good player, no doubt, but he also plays quite a lot of bad players (as For Glory is luck of the draw as far as skill goes), and he also mains a character with no fatal or glaring flaws, unlike most of the cast.

Spend some time in the lab with Rosa and you'll probably win a majority of your FG matches.

tl;dr - gittin gud will go a long way. Picking a character with minimal flaws and playing on stages that stifle approach options for your opponent and you got yourself a pretty good chance of winning.
Thanks bro :D

Top Bottom