• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Taunt Canceling

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Me and okaygo were fooling around when he got his new controller and stumbled upon a new glitch. He told me about it, and we recorded a vid of every character's UTC (Ultra Taunt Cancel). Some characters that couldn't taunt cancel can UTC, but some still stay silent no matter what. It can only be done with at least 2+ characters. Could probably be done in team matches.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7722288360452556836

MattNF

Smash Lord
ive known about that for a while. you can also do it on dreamland when the wind blows you off a platform.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think the better part of the glitch is that you have two characters hang from one ledge.

mask man

Smash Cadet
the vid wont run at all.
its not loading.use youtube since its better,what screen recording program you using?
i think you should use hypercam

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I used Hypercam2 to capture, and I think it desynched the sound because of some stupid edit I made.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Haha... awesome.

You know all characters can taunt cancel, right? The only thing is that some of them play a sound on a frame that isn't the first one (Link, Kirby) so taunt-cancelling doesn't allow you to hear it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
ok can someone atleast tell me what happens since i cant see it?
One char pushes the other one to the edge, (up to when their hanging)
The other character can taunt repeatedly aka taunt cancelling

Its called here ultra taunt cancelling because it can be done so quickly

ive done this before

Taunt cancelling: canceling the animation of a taunt, easiest to do normally with falcon

My taunt cancelling tier list: (speedy to basically none, non ultra, not heard characters are grouped by speed of taunt)
falcon
pikachu
ness
Mario
jigglypuff
Dk
Yoshi
Samus (not heard)
Kirby (not heard)
Luigi (not heard)
Fox (not heard)
Link (not heard)