• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Sword Final Smash?

Niiiiiaiiiick

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaddertonu
3DS FC
5112-3996-5884
Well, I told you pink was the deadliest color in the world, but did you listen?

Well, since April 8, a Smash Bros. Direct and a Kirby review... that's a problem.
(that's just the KRTD art, I'll get an ssb4 pic whenever it comes.)

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wat. Anywho, it is confirmed, although I had hopes for ultra inhale!

No worries though, I'm still very likely to play this character and see how I can take advantage of the complete moveset.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the hypernova would just have been too similar to cooking kirby. im glad its the ultra sword and i wanted it to be the ultra sword. sakurai might be moving my main from villager back to kirby again.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Then again, your avatar's kirby.

I don't think you were going to change mains in the first place. Of all things, villager would've been your second. None of this matters though because we have serious match-ups in our hands.

Thor

Smash Champion
Even though Cook Kirby was an "ultimate" ability (in Kirby Super Star Ultra, the only real Kirby game I've played), Cook Kirby Final Smash was super lame - no offense Brawl Kirby fans [except when you only had on gold hammers and final smashes - then he was awesome]. I'd never seen Ultra Sword Kirby before the direct, but his new FS seems perfect, and more fitting of a Final Smash for my opinion.

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Yes. I love Kirby's new Smash. I was hoping for it too. in fact, almost everything I was hoping for and MORE was given to me in the new Direct. sadly no Mewtwo (not yet, anyway), or the other three Originals, but I don't mind one bit. Kirby's new Smash is EPICLY AWESOME! :D

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I like Kirby's new FS. I think the original one with the pot has been transferred to Villager and his house building FS. Seeing his FS makes me want competitions to have the Smash Ball out, just so I can use that epic sword.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
This FS... is just plain awesome. A buff Kirby needed (even if it doesn't affect competitive play).

Maikou

Smash Ace
This FS... is just plain awesome. A buff Kirby needed (even if it doesn't affect competitive play).
100% agreed. I don't care for competitive play, I prefer casual, but I SO hate the old FS. seriously? you are going to....COOK me to death? I'll take 10000 slash jutsu if you would. at least it'd look awesome.

Ultra Sword vs Cook Kirby.
"This game's winner is.....Ultra Sword!"

D

Deleted member

I much prefer this over Cook Kirby. When I first played KRtDL, I thought the Ultra Sword would be a cool idea for a Final Smash. And... I was right!
I didn't like Cook Kirby as a Final Smash anyway. It didn't see much use if the only items on were Smash Balls and people could easily dodge this attack.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I much prefer this over Cook Kirby. When I first played KRtDL, I thought the Ultra Sword would be a cool idea for a Final Smash. And... I was right!
I didn't like Cook Kirby as a Final Smash anyway. It didn't see much use if the only items on were Smash Balls and people could easily dodge this attack.
Yeah, when I play(ed) Brawl I loved using only Beam Swords, Warp Stars, Home Run Bats, Hammers, and Smash Balls. and I hated Kirby's FS sooooo much. Ultra Sword FS For the win! Char!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Does this mean that Cooking Mama has a fighting chance? Her Final Smash could be Kirby's old one.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm sure most of us who played Returns to Dreamland and used the Ultra Powers thought that they will be great for a Final Smash. And I'm glad they chose Ultra Sword.

I dislike it. I mean it's cool and all, but Cook Kirby just fit Kirby (the ultimate eating machine) I would have much rather improved Cook instead of making Ultra Sword, which was actually pretty boring to use in the game it's from.

I'll get over it though. It looks pretty awesome in Smash.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Personally I think the move looks awesome, but it's just a...well, an Ike/Link clone. The only mechanical difference is it doesn't slam the enemy down (Ike) or keep them where they were hit (Link). I think the ultra mega eatty thing would have been better and more unique.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Personally, I preferred Cook over another sword-barrage Final Smash, I thought it suited him not just for being a screen-clearing ability like the Ultra Sword but also referencing Kirby trying to eat everything.

The Ultra Sword does look visually more impressive and is a more recent reference, so those are certainly points in it's favour, although if they were going to change it, I'd have rather it be changed to Crash. That would've looked even more impressive if animated right.

:4kirby:

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Personally I think the move looks awesome, but it's just a...well, an Ike/Link clone. The only mechanical difference is it doesn't slam the enemy down (Ike) or keep them where they were hit (Link). I think the ultra mega eatty thing would have been better and more unique.
Two things,

1.) Literally the only thing those Final Smashes have in common with Kirby's are swords. Kirby's Ultra Sword appears to be an area of effect FS, while Link's and Ike's only worked if you managed an initial hit first.

2.) We don't know if Ike and Link will be keeping their Final Smashes either. Also, Ike isn't even confirmed for this game yet.

The Ultra Sword does look visually more impressive and is a more recent reference, so those are certainly points in it's favour, although if they were going to change it, I'd have rather it be changed to Crash. That would've looked even more impressive if animated right.
Crash was always one of my favorite powers and was always one of the most powerful. But I suppose it has been featured less in recent Kirby games. Oh well. This is still cool.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
heres my run down of possible RTDL FS
Ultra Sword: it was featured most prominently in the game and makes the most sense for a FS. and i really wanted it for kirby (and i love how its a multi hit move rather than one large strike that covers a large portion of the stage). although, i think it would be awesome/humorous if the sword changed with every strike, like how in RTDL it can be a meat cleaver, a bo staff, a fish, a pirate scimitar, a sword, a fan, or the galaxia sword.

Monster Flame: would just be a clone of Marios Fs but can be aimed slightly

Flare Beam: would just be a clone of pikachu's Volt tackle

Snow Bowl: could have some fun with this one, turning into a giant snowball and rolling into people, trapping them and then exploding after a certain amount of time.

Grand Hammer: This one i think would be awesome. you can charge it up in the same way (albeit pressing buttons rather than shaking) as in RTDL with each level being more powerful than the last. the highest damage output could be directly underneath the hammer, while the shock waves can push people away. and just like some final smashes, if you do it off the edge, you could ko yourself.

then you have the generic crash kirby which would just be a clone of a smart bomb.

Mike kirby. this would also be a fun one nodding to kirby's terrible singing abilities. it could be one giant blast of sound waves, or a couple.

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
Ultra Sword looks like a Triforce Slash/Great Aether clone. Not that I have a problem with that, but it feels like for a character like Kirby, there could have been a much better copy ability final smash, like Crash for instance.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
Ultra Sword looks like a Triforce Slash/Great Aether clone. Not that I have a problem with that, but it feels like for a character like Kirby, there could have been a much better copy ability final smash, like Crash for instance.
CRASH WOULD BE AWESOME!!! I agree with you about the ultra sword being too much like the other sword slashing final smash attacks. I'm gonna miss the cook final smash though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom