• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Upper assistance?

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I've just switched to using the UU from Explosive Sidekick, after getting consistently whooped by it from one of my friends. Now that I'm running it, I don't exactly know the best way to use it. Most of the time it whiffs and I get punished hard for it. I guess what I'm asking is how do you use it effectively? Any tips you have would be helpful. :)

semsomo

Smash Rookie
NNID
semsomo
i use it mostly as a punish, sometimes you can lead into it after a couple of jabs. Using it while dashing can surprise them.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I use it for a very versatile punish, and if I'm feeling brave, a counter for bigger hits since it has super armour fully charged.
I use it, for example, as an odd edge guard. Instead of standing next to the edge when waiting for your opponent to get back there, stand back a bit. They'll likely jump up or roll back onto the stage to close the gap, and then you unleash it at the end of the animation.

http://smashboards.com/threads/hey-ma-look-at-mii-a-mii-fighter-video-thread.369046/#post-18114036

The videos I put into the Video thread have me getting most of my KOs with the UUC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom