• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UGH! Why did they make sonic so weak?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
The internet exploded when it was announced that he was in brawl and since then he's been probably the most anticipated character, and they killed him! He's such a lightweight, it takes like 10 hits from sonic to get the opponent at 20% if that, and it only takes 3 or 5 hits to get sonic above 20%. I hate it. I want to main sonic but not if that means losing every match.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Trust me on this, Sonic fights better than you may think. He may be all close combat, but Sonic does have a decent number of reliable attacks that you can use.

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
Sonic lacks power because thats not what hes about. Just like in all Sonic games, hes all about the speed. I main Sonic, and I'm glad he dosen't live up to everyone else's expectations, witch means only the ones true to him will remain and refine.. Anyways hes got enough speed to combo your opponent a few times before they can even touch you, get creative and use spin dashes along with your homing attack. He dosen't need power, you just need to know how to finish.

Evilpenguin

Smash Cadet
You obviously have not even tried playing sonic yet. His downfall is not lack of strength, it's lack of range.

He is just as powerful as other small fast characters (with fox as an exception)

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
You obviously have not even tried playing sonic yet. His downfall is not lack of strength, it's lack of range.

He is just as powerful as other small fast characters (with fox as an exception)
no i have played sonic pretty often ill say i've played 15 hours with him.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman

like who? Fox is really the only one that you can compare him to.

Umby

Smash Master
15 hours isn't really alot to judge that his main weakness is lack of power, and comparing him to another character won't help the fact. If that's really an issue for you, you don't have to play him. Otherwise, accept Sonic's lacking areas and make up for them with his stronger points.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I love threads that read like this: "I suck with X character, it must not have anything to do with MY skills, it must be the character's fault."

Sonic probably isn't top tier material, but he's definitely not as bad as you make him out to you. Play better.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
I love threads that read like this: "I suck with X character, it must not have anything to do with MY skills, it must be the character's fault."

Sonic probably isn't top tier material, but he's definitely not as bad as you make him out to you. Play better.
Pretty much what he said. Sonic's a tough character to play well as, and certainly not the best in the game. But, he's not as bad as you're making him out to be. In fact, he's not even light.

15 hours is definitely not long enough to have a solid opinion formed on any character, especially one as difficult to learn as Sonic. If you're losing every match with him, a) get better or b) pick a new main. Just keep in mind that it's not the character's fault.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Why do you people keep asking this?

No one here freakin' knows why Sonic doesn't have better moves, range, priority, or whatever else you're complaining about, and it's getting really old hearing how much Sonic sucks.

Can we have a sticky saying: OK WE GET IT, SONIC SUCKS YOU CAN STOP POSTING THAT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom