• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uggh..Sonic....

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is by far the hardest character to beat to me. he's too fast to grab, too fast to combo on, too fast to.....Everything...

Any advice? aAnd how do I even land a grab on other characters, because shield-grabbing doesn't protect me much.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
This is just my 10 cents of advice so yeah, sorry if it doesn't help much
1. spam ice blocks to stop him in his tracks.
2. if ice blox dun work use nana blizzard if he is running straight at you, then grab him
3. use squall hammer also it's good to rack up damage and is also easy to land
4. dodge... alot
Hope it helps some

IceAge

Smash Cadet
Yeah, try and stay out of the air too. Sonic is a tough fight, ice blocks work wonders though.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I played him last night and spammed Ice blocks when he charged up his forward smash, but, like Meta Knight, it seems he has barely any start-up lag, so when I side-dodge him,he jsut does a forward smash the other way...

Mr.Snifflez

Smash Cadet
This is just my 10 cents of advice so yeah, sorry if it doesn't help much
1. spam ice blocks to stop him in his tracks.
2. if ice blox dun work use nana blizzard if he is running straight at you, then grab him
3. use squall hammer also it's good to rack up damage and is also easy to land
4. dodge... alot
Hope it helps some
How do you nana blizzard by herself?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Hpm... Try desynch, iceblock then grab him, if not, then desynch and keep them desynch while jumping foward and doing blizzard, it woks wonders.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
How do you nana blizzard by herself?
You have to desynch your ice climbers. It takes a bit of setup, but it works really well once you get it going. First, desynch by pressing Z + back on the control stick. Then, keep up the desynch by pressing B twice to do 2 ice blocks. Then you can short hop blizzard with 1 ice climber while the other can do another attack.

Its a little complicated, but here is a video of it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3GM3odhBdro

It is the very first thing the guy does.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Simply camp and force Sonic to approach you. I like to desynch the IC's then spam NeutralB, and since Sonic doesn't have any projectiles he's forced to come after you. If he jumps in the air make one IC do a SH DownB and follow up with a grab. Also don't forget that a lot of your attacks out prioritize Sonics, so make sure to keep a good spacing game, and counter his attacks on reaction.

Top Bottom