• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair %

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
It's an improvement, but I can't see the reasoning on why other aerials do between 10 and 16% on average (not scientifically exact but yknow) and uair does a mere 7. I just think giving uair better damage would make pika better. This clearly doesn't solve his fundamental problems, what holds him back from being top of the tier, but still

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's problems lie in it's lack of range that force it to commit to many attacks, but Uair is one of the moves that has both super low lag (such that you can SH waveland it) and actual disjoint, so it's pretty damn safe if used correctly. The speed, above average disjoint, and low knockback (because low damage) all usually guarantee another hit on the opponent, so another Uair, Nair, or Bair can cover the opponent's DI when juggling them. Plus, Pika's U smash and gimp game means he doesn't have to rack up as much damage to get kills. Uair is already one of Pika's most versatile and unique moves - the 4 to 7 damage buff is already fantastic

rje457

Smash Cadet
Just watch how Axe uses uairs, he's amazing with combos and spikes with it. He personally said himself that Pikachu's uair is his favorite move.

Rubix.

Smash Rookie
I don't really mind the percent all that much since up air out of shield is so good for starting combos and setting up kills. My personal favorite SH U-air to footstool to FF F-air to Up Smash because of the style points you receive when landing it ;) . Tail Spiking in my opinion also makes up for the lack of percent and is very satisfying to gimp with.

Top Bottom