• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair Tumble %s

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I went and labbed the tumble animation %s on the cast(dont have Lucas, don't care about Miis), the Uair is fresh. Staleness and Rage effects when the opponent enters tumble which is a shame, fetching these numbers is possible but

A) Time consumption is off the chart
B) Its impossible to present it in a way in which others can benefit from. Way too many numbers to remember.

39%: :4jigglypuff:
40%: :4gaw::4mewtwo:
41%: :4fox::4kirby::rosalina::4pikachu::4olimar:
42%: :4falco::4littlemac::4metaknight::4zss::4sheik:
43%: :4bayonetta::4zelda:
44%: :4duckhunt::4marth::4lucina::4robinm::4feroy::4peach::4palutena:
45%: :4diddy::4greninja::4ness::4sonic::4tlink::4pacman::4lucas:
46%: :4corrinf::4pit::4darkpit::4mario::4drmario::4lucario::4villager::4luigi::4wiifit:
47%: :4cloud::4megaman::4rob::4shulk::4ryu:
48%: :4myfriends::4falcon::4link::4yoshi::4wario:
49%: :4samus::4bowserjr:
50%: :4dedede::4ganondorf:
51%: :4charizard:
52%: :4dk:
54%: :4bowser:

When your opponent is in tumble they can easily SDI the Uairs, but when they aren't they cannot SDI or at least its weaker(someone confirm). Rosalina for example dies to Uair combos before she enters tumble, with every Uair staling the percent where she enters tumble moves further away as well.

One of you will need to contribute by getting the %s for Lucas, it doesn't take long to do. I know MK users are wondering who can or cannot get Uair combo'd reliably, Fast fallers can no longer be Uair combo'd in theory. I say theory because there's footage of MKs getting Uair combo's on Fast fallers but they do it in a way(unintentionally?) that messes up SDI methods. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp2/v/58600911?t=13m05s

Last edited:

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
Fast fallers can no longer be Uair combo'd in theory. I say theory because there's footage of MKs getting Uair combo's on Fast fallers but they do it in a way(unintentionally?) that messes up SDI methods. Example: https://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp2/v/58600911?t=13m05s
I believe why the combo worked at the end of that match was because it may have something to do with the middle hit box of the sword which may have a different trajectory which may be similar to pre patch Uair or the Bayonetta wasn't Sdi'ing but only doing normal Di away which has less of an impact unless it is combined with Sdi.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Thanks! I was literally thinking about this at work yesterday and wanted to test it, but you went ahead and did it for me lol.. I'd test Lucas, but I'm on a college tour so I'll get to it. I thought this would be an interesting topic for a video later.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
If you ever uair someone at higher than these percents, and you link into anything that isn't an upb, your opponent ****ed up. You can always sdi out.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Just tested on my 3DS. From U-air, Lucas enters tumble starting at 40%, fresh.

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
That's what I found. Lucas and Ness share the same weight value, but Lucas does have a smaller gravity value than Ness. Idk if that is a factor though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm getting 45% tumble for both Ness and Lucas in training, 44% out of training if fresh.

Bonk! Bonk! is your 3DS on 1.1.5

also less gravity actually = less knockback, but gravity doesn't affect non-tumble knockback so it's irrelevant

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
It was 1.1.5 yeah... this is spooky

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
OH MY GOD I'M SUCH AN IDIOT...

I SAID U-AIR PUT LUCAS IN TUMBLE BECAUSE OF THE WAY I SET UP HITTING IT.

I put Lucas at 40% and did an up-tilt (5% damage), which sets up an up-air that put him in tumble..

So I made the careless mistake of saying 40% was the number I found my set up working instead of what percent up-air put him in tumble! My bad!

LONG STORY SHORT THE CORRECT PERCENT IS 45!!!

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
OH MY GOD I'M SUCH AN IDIOT...

I SAID U-AIR PUT LUCAS IN TUMBLE BECAUSE OF THE WAY I SET UP HITTING IT.

I put Lucas at 40% and did an up-tilt (5% damage), which sets up an up-air that put him in tumble..

So I made the careless mistake of saying 40% was the number I found my set up working instead of what percent up-air put him in tumble! My bad!

LONG STORY SHORT THE CORRECT PERCENT IS 45!!!
haphazard

Top Bottom