• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair Mind Game

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
I was never a huge fan of the C-stick until recently, but as soon as I started using it I realized that it opened an infinite amount of possibilities for aerials. Just last night I was playing around with short-hopped fast-falled aerials, and I noticed that If I got the timing right I could do some damage by pounding down on the control stick during my Uair. When I tried playing people after that, they tended to attack too early, sometimes causing enough lag to give me time to do another attack. I can see this as being very useful at certain times especially following something like a chaingrab at the beginning of a match.

Is there anybody here that uses this, at least occasionally?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
You trying to say, attacking a grounded opponent with multiple shffld uairs? Yeah, this is ineffective at best. Falco has much better options. Nair has a much larger hitbox and a sweetspotted dair can set your opponent up for much more easier combo than uair can. Instead of a second uair, you should follow up with utilt, usmash, jabs, or a grab.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
0RLy nailed it. Uairs are easily the worst option for "shfll"ing, Nair and Bair are a lot better, Dair works depending on who you're facing and Fair at least extends outward a bit. Uair should only be used for killin on Battlefield and other stages with small ceilings :p

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
Of course I use Dair and Bair (Nair less, but still every so often), but after using them so much it really throws somebody off to use a fast-falled Uair. Sorry if I was a little unclear...

Top Bottom