• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-air Tap-jump Question

Daea

Smash Cadet
Hey, this is a bit more of a general question, but since I'm really only using it to apply to Marth, I'll ask it here. I leave tap-jump on because I like being able to fall back on dolphin slashing out of shield as a last-ditch effort to KO someone. I generally have no problems with tap-jump using u-tilt, but recently had a question regarding something else involving tap-jump:

When I try to perform, say, a sh-fair to u-air, sometimes I trigger my second jump using the control stick up + A instead of having the u-air come out essentially on the ground like I want it to. The most consistent way that I've managed to avoid this is to perform the initial sh-fair, and instead of releasing the control stick from its horizontal position that was used for the fair, to roll it up for the u-air. This kind of messes with my ability to space my attacks though, and I'm finding that I'm often forced to decide beforehand whether to sh-double fair or sh-fair to uair instead of doing what's best for the situation as things change.

Does anyone know what exactly will trigger the second jump, and what won't? I know for sure that if you tap up on the control stick before pressing A for the u-air, you'll definitely trigger the second jump, but I've also found that even when I press the two at the same time, I'll still get the second jump to trigger at times. Thanks in advance for the help.

Daea

Smash Cadet
it's kind of a hassle tho - I mean I guess I can use the c-stick if all else fails but I was just curious as to how the tap-jump works with the u-air exactly.

Top Bottom