• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-air help

mgets

Smash Rookie
Hello I was just wondering how all of you fellow fox players perform your up airs. From studying play so far it seems like most players recommend all aerials to be performed with x or y to jump and c-stick but from messing around while practicing my tech skill i've just noticed jumping with the control stick and c-sticking for u-airs seem more efficient. Thank you and i'd really appreciate to read everyones take on it so I can improve as the up air seems to be such a crucial part of a successful fox.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
If you want to use tap jump, go for it. The main reason that most people prefer to use x or y is that it gives them the freedom to direct their control stick however they want, thus giving them better aerial mobility. But on the other hand, hungrybox uses tap jump for everything and no one criticizes his aerial mobility haha. I think there are obvious advantages to using x or y, but if tap junp is what feels natural to you, then your play won't really suffer for it

Last edited:

FireTails

Smash Cadet
So most melee players jump with x and y then shift their thumbs to the c stick? I should try that. Is easier?

FireTails

Smash Cadet
I Think most people find it easier, but it only matters if you do
I absolutely HATE tap jump but i love x jump. I always thought people used their aerials with A because they were using x or y to jump. Do you play like that? If you do, would it be weird full hopping then using the c stick?

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely HATE tap jump but i love x jump. I always thought people used their aerials with A because they were using x or y to jump. Do you play like that? If you do, would it be weird full hopping then using the c stick?
I use c stick for aerials, but no method of doing aerials is weird haha. Do whatever you want to do and it will work. If you ever encounter a tech that requires you to do it other wise, you can accommodate

FireTails

Smash Cadet
I use c stick for aerials, but no method of doing aerials is weird haha. Do whatever you want to do and it will work. If you ever encounter a tech that requires you to do it other wise, you can accommodate
Ahh, I see. This helped me a lot! Thank you for responding to me. I felt like a scrub asking you those questions lol.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Oh never feel like a scrub on here homie. We were all in your place once, no matter what anyone says. Feel free to pm me if you ever have other questions, and definitely keep posting on here and trying to contribute if you want to get better :)

Top Bottom