• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two (and a half?) questions regarding weather effects...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Does Sunny Day/Drought & Rain Dance/Drizzle boost Fire & Water attacks, respectively, by a factor of 2 or 1.5? I've seen some sources stating that the power is doubled, while some saying it is times 1.5 (even from the same site, this issue comes up). And by how much does it power down the opposite type by?

Also, does the weather boost the "Attack Power" of the specified type, or does it boost the final damage.
What I mean is:
Damage = ((2*"Level"/5+2)*"Attack Power"*"Attacker's ATK Stat"/"Defender's DEF Stat"/50+2)*"STAB"*"Other stuff like Critical/Super Effective Hits"
Now, what I mean, is WHERE does the weather boost the attack? At the "Attack Power" step or at the "Other stuff" part? This won't make much of a difference in damage (probably by only 4 damage) so it isn't as important as my first question.

So if you absolutely know the answer (and not "I think it's like this..."), please help me out. Thanks!

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
They boost their own type by 1.5 and halve the opposing type. And I'm 99.9% sure it's applied at the "other stuff" part, but I just ran a few damage simulations and it came to be about 47% more, leading me to believe it may be applied elsewhere. I'm pretty **** sure it's at the "other stuff" part though, and since there is a range where the damage might fall due to the random number, my first intuition is probably correct.

EDIT: By the way, I am 100% sure of the boosts/reductions

EDIT: Nvm, I'm 100% sure for the second part too. It's the "others" part.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
sunny day/Drought: fire X 1.5; water X .5; synthesis, morning sun, moonlight X 2; solar beam: immeadiate attack; Thunder: lowered accuracy
rain dance/Drizzle: water X 1.5; fire X .5; synthesis, morning sun, moonlight X.5; solar beam: weakened; Thunder: Always hits
If you still have N64 play pokemon stadium 2 and go to earl's pokemon acadamy

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL I forgot about Earl's Pokémon Academy...although many things have changed since then (e.g. IV Maxes going form 15 to 31, not to mention the trading/generation gap), so that may not be the best place to find out these thing, though.
But anyway, thanks you two, for your help! :chuckle: I greatly appreciate it!

PS: Well, this thread's no longer really necessary, so if an authority wants to close it, it's fine...

Top Bottom