• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Tutorial] Project M 3.6 - Reorganizing CSS Using HxD

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
So this is the first time I have done something like this so just bare with me.
What you'll need:
HxD
Project M 3.6
rsbe01.gct (from the codes folder)
This List of CSS Slot IDs (the index column or left most column)

1. So you want to open you .gct in HxD
2. Then you will want to CTRL+F for 06680DE00000002A (set your datatype to hex-values)
That string of bytes is the beginning of the CSS code. From there each two-byte pair of digits is a CSS Slot.

Since I am not sure how to explain this very well I will do an example.
That is my CSS now lets say I want to switch Sonic and Captain Falcon for some reason.
I will proceed to open my .gct in HxD. Then I will CTRL+F for 06680DE00000002A. Once there I can see that string of bytes, then I will look at the pairs after it.
My .gct in HxD will look like this:
That highlighted part is the string of bytes, that string is the beginning of the CSS code.
Now from there each two-byte pair of digits is a CSS Slot. So to reorder those you'll have to look at that link i posted before with the list of CSS slots. It says that Sonic's slot is 27 and Captain Falcon is A or as it would be 0A. now that I know this I can find those two-byte pairs and switch them. When you switch them they will be red because you just changed the coding after you save they will turn black like the rest. So now I save and put it on my SD card (mine is a virtual SD card cause I use Dolphin). It will make another file a .bak file I am not sure exactly what it is but my guess is it's a back up file.
It looks axactly like I want it to now.

Now I am going to give credit where credit is do I would not know how to do this without the help of PyotrLuzhin.

Edit: By the way if there are any questions feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer them.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, thanks for sharing! Pretty similar to editing CSSRoster.dat in the PM+BX build. And agreed, this is the easier method in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom