• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Tutorial] Lucina's 8 KO Challenge

ThatTrueStruggle

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinZeldaGmr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1M_bU-3NV4

Basically after doing this challenge over and over, I finally came up with a different way that worked for.
Hi, I'm ThatTrueStruggle, and have you had trouble doing either Lucina's 8 KO Challenge or even just the normal 8 KO challenge? Using this tutorial, you can.

GENERAL OVERVIEW on CRUEL SMASH
The cruel battle has been known to be one of the most difficult and grueling modes in Smash Bros. You fight against an army of powered up characters (Brawl), and in Smash for Wii U and 3DS, against your Miis, which are converted to either a Mii Gunner, Swordfighter or Brawler.

What makes this mode so difficult is the is the increased strength and knockback for each attack done. However using my technique, is a good way of damaging and even getting KOs on the CPU's. So let's get into the tutorial.

TUTORIAL on CRUEL SMASH
If you haven't already, please watch the video I've posted above. It may help to illustrate the strategies I'm using.

Starting out, run off the edge. The edge is the safest place for protection from the CPU characters. Now, wait until a group (more than two cpu's at least!) come towards the edge, and do an attacking get-up. This can do up to 7 damage from what I've seen. If only ONE CPU comes close enough to the edge, you can do a normal get-up. Then you can do a backthrow. However that's not all you should do to get rid of the CPU. Jump off the edge and do a B-Air to gimp the CPU. The CPU has pretty bad recovering abilities, and doing that just makes it even harder for them to recover. However again, if you don't do that, they have a chance in order to footstool you. If that happens, that makes it VERY hard in order to recover from that. However it's not IMPOSSIBLE, though and you should always try to recover from the initial jump.

NOTES
  • Don't get greedy! If you can't do a backthrow in time or mess up on it, don't go stay there! If you stay there, you WILL get badly damaged, if not killed. Believe me, I've had that happen WAYYYYY too often.
  • Make sure to do a proper recovery. Try not to go past the edge when recovering, because if you do, the CPU's have a chance to punish you!
  • Counters are VERY risky, and without much reward. If you so choose to do so, make sure you're doing it right, and know when to counter.
  • Being above the edge in general is a very bad idea, as the CPU's are almost like heat-seeking missles and will follow in pursuit.
  • The Mii gunners are the most dangerous, and the Mii Brawlers are the least. The Gunners have a long ranged smash attack that can KO very easily, and or rack up a good amount of damage. The brawlers aren't as fast and are short ranged. They however still shouldn't be taken lightly.
CREDITS
  • this is a pseudo-technique, between the throwing strategy, and the recovering attack strategy, so credit goes to whoever created those for giving me ideas.

I hope that I made a good and detailed post on this technique, and if you have any comments, PLEASE post them! I'd love to hear them!

Top Bottom