• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turtle Dancing

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
Does anybody do it? If you are not sure what it is, it's pretty much just spamming B-air. Jump bair, double jump bair, waveland, repeat.

I haven't been able to get it down perfectly, but when I get a few hit's off, it pretty satisfying. Anybody else use it? Is it good/bad? Any advice, etc?

3,2,1...discuss!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I don't really use it..then again my G&W isn't really good.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
There are some variations I usually use. If I'm just messing around, I'll shorthop a turtle to a double jumped turtle, with another when close to the ground, then follow that up with a fair. Or, if DI'd incorrectly, shorthop a turtle, to double jumped turtle, to a fair/a waveland to a shffled fair/or a manhole to another combo (chute). Possibilities are endless.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I use most of the ones you do, but I've got some other fancy ones I like to use...

-Run off stage, jump back and turtle near ground level. Example @ 1:12 and 1:36 of this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Nttoi1J40

-If someone's on a platform above you, turtle them from below (2:41 of same match)

-Turtle edgeguard (Hit with edge of turtle, I rarely do this)

-Reverse turtle! Potential combo starter! (3:18 of same match, it's hot.)

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
I was just watching a few of your videos, and your GAW is **** sexy. I really like the reverse turtle, it can set up a fair or nair quite nicely.

My Game and Watch is pretty good, but I still need to work on my basic stuff, my l-cancelling for the anything but the fair is pretty iffy, and my shffles are no where near as good as yours, but I'm getting there, and my wavedashing/wavelanding is decent.

I usually go for a chute or uair is there is someone on a platform above me, and I usually stick to the f-tilt, d-tilt, or fair for edge guarding.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Haha thanks, any excuse I can find to spam my videos >_>

About L-canceling, make sure you know that only dair and fair can be L-canceled. The other three aerials don't lag that bad anyway.

If you're bold enough you can just jump out there and parachute them while they try to recover. Not much they can do about it lol.

Also, if someone's on a platform above you, you can utilt, it basically shields you and if they try to drop through, they'll get hit.

Top Bottom