• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turnip Interrupted Throws

TownOfCrown

Smash Rookie
So with peach/daisy, it seems that if a turnip hits an opponent before the throw is finished the character is broken out of the throw and placed either in front or behind you (based on the position of the turnip).
After the throw is interrupted you can use any tilt (or aerial) and hit the opponent and recover the turnip.
  • Down Throw/U-Throw
    • Throw turnip directly up
    • Can pummel twice
    • Will always* land in front if timed correctly (will land directly behind if throw is too soon)
  • Forward Throw/No Throw
    • Must throw turnip directly up while over opponent
    • Can pummel two (or three times)
    • Will always land in front (if positioned correctly, if slightly to far to the right (when facing left) will land behind)
    • Actually throwing them forward is not needed for this, you can just pummel until the turnip hits them
  • Back Throw
    • Must throw turnip up and position in between the turnip throw spot and the opponent
    • Needs more testing for landing position (higher percents seem to always land in front)
Additional notes about T.I.T. (Turnip Interrupted Throw)
  • Up Throw requires a delay between turnip hit and d-tilt to grab turnip, but an immediate d-tilt will still hit
  • When characters land behind you can quickly input their direction and a tilt
  • D-Tilt is easy** to hit when they land in front, and F-Tilt is the easy** to hit when they land behind
  • Aerials also work really well, but I tested mostly d-tilt -> float -> dair -> throw turnip -> fair/nair (grab turnip)
  • This is not a true combo due to the turnip to tilt/aerial not being guaranteed, but will try to find what situations will stop this combo
  • At higher percents the opponent will travel further in-front/behind and can be followed up with side-b or dash -> short float -> aerial
Up T.I.T.

Down T.I.T.

Forward T.I.T.

If this has already been talked about, oops.
Sorry about the bad quality GIFs.
*Have not tested on every character, but from the tested characters this seems to always happen
**Other tilts may be easier for other players and all seem to work really well for this

Last edited:

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so we’re talking about Peach and Daisy’s T.I.T.s now?

But seriously, interesting tech. Not sure when I’d remember to use it but interesting nonetheless.

argol228

Smash Rookie
yeah, in theory, it is cool but in practice, it is very rare and situational.

Top Bottom