• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuner Software

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
So I've gotten everything set up now on the hardware end in order to record videos. However, I came across an issue: I currently don't have any working software that can read from the "composite 2" ports on the back of my computer.

Windows Media Center can do this, however, I don't have my IR sensor for the remote anymore. This means stupid Media Center will not allow me to complete the set up for the video input, because it wants me to set up the remote that I won't even use, nor do I have the information or receiver for.

So I'm just wondering if there is any (preferably free) capture software I can use to record the input.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Thanks, that will work. Having issues with massive frame skips when recording and not outputting in the right ratio. It does view right while it's just showing the input though, and no lag. If I can't fix it in the settings I can just get a separate screen capture program along with it.

Allen

Smash Rookie
yeah, initial capture with Dscaler is best done with unencoded video or with the huffyuv codec. As for the ratio issue make sure it's not set to record 720x240.

Top Bottom