• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tulsa

tdizzle

Smash Rookie
Is anybody close to there? I really want to start a tourny...but first I must master wavedashing......its really hard with Link for me....

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I don't live anywhere near there, but I'm going up there before christmas to hang out with some friends before i leave

ya got a address?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well ofcourse, Im sure all the OOSers are like "WTF oklahoma? Thats ****ing gay." But their thread wasnt closed injustly!

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
the multiple images of the mods deleting the 1 thread will be burned into their head for eternity.

undeadpenguin

Smash Rookie
hey guys. this is my first post. i live in tulsa. i was lookin around on the internet and found a place called okgamers.com. there are a couple of local tournaments, but i havent been to any. the site doesnt get much action though. i plan to go to the next event. i think its april 8th at the funhouse on riverwalk.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to smashboards Undeadpenguin. The monthlies at the Funhouse is the only thing I know thats going down in Tulsa, but I'm sure there's more than enough players in Tulsa that are willing to start a more competitive Smash Scene up there. Just out of curiosity, do you know of "advanced" techniques such as "wavedashing" and "L-canceling"? And which characters do you use?

Well Babac, looks like reviving this thread had more benefits than I presumed :laugh:

undeadpenguin

Smash Rookie
yeah i know of those. and i can do them. i can give you my rundown of smash experience really quick:
i never actually owned this game until a few days ago because i bought a wii, but when the game first came out i got to play all the time at my best friend's house. he was really good. he was the best out of anyone i personally knew. he would "train" me all the time when he lived in tulsa. i became better than the rest of my friends except for him without owning the game because all we did was play basketball and melee lol. those were the days. anyway, he moved a couple of years ago. one of the times he came to visit, we heard about a tourny at gamerush. we played all night to brush up, because we hadnt played in a while, and we took 2nd and 3rd. we got beat by a chick playing as link lol. it would have been us in the finals together but oh well. (it was 1 vs 1)
anyway, i just bought it and i am tryin to get alot better. i actually was a member here a few years ago when this site was young, but i didnt know it had become so big. but, thats my story.
i used to be a pure shiek player, but i also play as fox and falco. i might start to learn another character though.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
ahh, smashboards. Bring OK together one thread at a time.

We're trying to get bi weeklies or monthlies going now, so we'll keep you posted on when and where as soon as we know.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
yeah i know of those. and i can do them. i can give you my rundown of smash experience really quick:
i never actually owned this game until a few days ago because i bought a wii, but when the game first came out i got to play all the time at my best friend's house. he was really good. he was the best out of anyone i personally knew. he would "train" me all the time when he lived in tulsa. i became better than the rest of my friends except for him without owning the game because all we did was play basketball and melee lol. those were the days. anyway, he moved a couple of years ago. one of the times he came to visit, we heard about a tourny at gamerush. we played all night to brush up, because we hadnt played in a while, and we took 2nd and 3rd. we got beat by a chick playing as link lol. it would have been us in the finals together but oh well. (it was 1 vs 1)
anyway, i just bought it and i am tryin to get alot better. i actually was a member here a few years ago when this site was young, but i didnt know it had become so big. but, thats my story.
i used to be a pure shiek player, but i also play as fox and falco. i might start to learn another character though.
Cool man, it's great to see you've picked up the game after all those years. Most of the competition is in Edmond/OKC/Norman/PaulsValley, and it's a bit surprising that Tulsa hasn't really caught up in the scene yet. I guess you can meet/team up with Southpaw when he goes to the Tulsa monthly, he's pretty much the best player here besides KOS-MOS. If you ever make it down to OKC, be sure to give us a holla and maybe we could get some games in.

BTW, did your friend used to go by the name of "Jet" here?

undeadpenguin

Smash Rookie
yeah, i am going to try and go to the tulsa monthly (you mean at funhouse right?). i am going to bring a friend because it looks like they always do 2vs2. i prefer 1 vs 1 but whatever. im looking forward to comparing myself to other players in tulsa.

Top Bottom