• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying To Set Up PM 3.5 Homebrew (Wifi-Safe) UK

Wolfy-Leezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WOLF-LEEZY
So I have been having trouble trying to set up Project M for my PAL Wii.

I had downloaded an NTSC Brawl iso, then put it through "Project M 3.5 ISO Builder" followed by "wiimmfi-patcher-v3" so that I have a PM 3.5, online ready iso file.

I then add this iso to "WBFS Manager 3.0" so that I can use "Configurable USB Loader" within the Homebrew Channel.

I start up the game and it loads PM 3.5 fine, I can go in and out of the menus no problem, however when I when I select my character and met with the stage select screen, the stage boxes would be glitched across the screen and overlapping each other, then if you pick a stage the game freezes and a loud buzzing noise emits from the screen.

After this happening I decided to delete my old save file and start fresh to see if that would fix the problem, now I can't even select a character without the game freezing and making that loud buzzing sound.

I'm now at a loss of ideas on what to do to fix this problem, my goal is to be able to play PM 3.5, online with friends however I am not sure what is causing these glitches to occur.

Any ideas on what I've done wrong or what I can do to fix this?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Wiimmfi patcher isn't needed, as PM's codeset handles that for you. Try rebuilding the ISO from scratch, without putting it through the Wiimmfi patcher.

Wolfy-Leezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WOLF-LEEZY
Was originally planning on doing that, however I assumed that it would stop me from being able to access online. So if I were to use ocarina it would still allow me access to online play?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Was originally planning on doing that, however I assumed that it would stop me from being able to access online. So if I were to use ocarina it would still allow me access to online play?
Yes, the required codes are included in PM by default, so other patching methods are not needed.

Wolfy-Leezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
WOLF-LEEZY
Alright, so I have 2 more options to try out!

1: PM 3.5 patched iso (No wiimmfi patcher)

2: Loading PM Wifi-Safe as an Ocarina Cheat (Vanilla Brawl iso)

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'll make sure to let you know if everything goes okay!

Top Bottom