• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to pick up meta- need a few questions answered

xilez

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to pick up another character so i dont over play my diddy kong (<3)

I got a few questions:

1. WHat are his KO moves?

2. Which moves shouldnt be used?

3. What are tips for recovery? i seem to always get stuck to far down.

4. Is it easier to perform Wall of PAin with FAIR or DAIR

5. What are some basic strats as far as approaches, or mindgame techniques?

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
So I decided to pick up another character so i dont over play my diddy kong (<3)

I got a few questions:

Might as well give some good, albeit limited input here.

1. Dsmash, Shuttle Loop (from the air mostly), N-air, I guess d-air, given the right % or situation...all I can think of atm.

2. Down-B would probably be here somewhere, same with side-B, but they have their uses. I guess the question ought to be "which moves shouldn't be used as much" rather than not at all.

3. Assuming you're talking off the side, glide whenever possible; it can cover a lot of ground off 1 jump, and attacking out of it carries a ton of priority. Also, if you're being edgeguarded, nailing them with a shuttle loop can effectively knock them off the stage.

4. Don't have anything for this one, if I had to guess, I'd say f-air.

5. Still working on this myself, but the side-b and down-b can be used periodically to keep people off balance.

Hope that helped a bit. ^_^

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman

I got a few questions:

1. dsmash, and shuttle loop same as the first guy said, I think when he said dair depending on the situation, it can be used for gimping

2. again, Im going to agree almost exactly with the first guy here, side b and down b have their uses, however I dont use them as much. down b is good for edge stalling though

3. MK almost has nothing to worry about when it comes to getting back to the stage, the glide can bring you back up to the stage in 1 jump and also the tornado is a great recovery

4. this may be a personal preference, I usually find myself using bair

5. approching depends on the character and situation, but I find dash attack, dash grab, dash short hop fair or tornado helpful

I hope this helps you somehow :)

xilez

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the input guys, are there any tricks to the upB (im assuming this is the shuttle loop)..I think ive seen people attack from it or maybe it was a glide.

MetaKnight63

Smash Apprentice

I got a few questions:

I rack up KO's with Upsmash, sidesmash, and Shuttle Loop. I use from the ground most of the time. Down smash is probably better than sidesmash.

Don't use side B or Down B very often, as they can leave you vulnerable if you miss.

Practice control with the Shuttle Loop for the air. It's the best recovery move ever!

Fair attack would be easiest to execute and the quickest.

Adapt your strategy to the size of your opponents. Spam Mach Tornado against multiple opponents. (It blocks projectiles too)

And remember, always attempt to get the Smash Ball!

Meta Ryu

Smash Apprentice
Out admist the icy plains of north america
the best help I can give you is learn to glide well.

Practice comboing glide/shuttle loop + attack very near the ground. Once you hit the ground (after just attacking inches away from it) you can either cancel your attack animation or use it and have ZERO lag thusly being able to shield dodge, Dsmash, or w/e.

(my favorite is up+b ing again)

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
The while gliding tap a to slash attack is pretty good and has potential kill power, along with the dimensional camp slash.

And you guys really... Its apparent you guys dont see alot of professional players if you dont see the value in MK's Dimensional Camp. Refer to his dimensional edge game video found in the "Meta Knight: Behind the Mask" thread

Top Bottom