• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to main Marth, help appreciated!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Hi :] I come from the Sheik forums as it has been my main for a while now on sm4sh 3DS, until it got nerfed and I don't want it to be my "ONLY" main anymore, because it's simply not as fun as it used to be. You might have heard that the buffs didn't change much but they really did. Anyway, that's another topic! I'm here to ask for general advice/help with Marth. I've been playing with him for about a week now and I feel like I've gotten a lot better over time, but I've only been playing in for glory so yeah lol.

I have a video of me playing against a decent Falcon (at least i'd say..), and one thing I noticed about marth is that his aerials often end up having a lot of landing lag, especially dair.

(sorry about the shaky camera :x)

So yeah, any general advice, tips, combos, etc?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
um... ^^" Guess you haven't seen my post yet

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-blade-of-two-fates-marth-lucina-guide.372527/

But from the gameplay you've shown, you've got some of the basics down already for Marth. Spacing is everything unless you're going for setups and combos (which depending, may not be so picky for timing). You kept that principle and kept spacing with FH FAirs, which is good. Though I noticed a few randomly placed Shield Breakers (Neutral B), which has enough commitment that a C.Falcon (or anyone else with decent speed) close enough would punish you for it. Thankfully you were half way across the stage, but then there isn't much point to throw it out there.

I could go into what I know, but it may result in walls of text that I already have on the post above xD

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Use the above guide by eternalflame, I cant even work out how much it cut off my learning curve and time figuring things out.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
@ EternalFlame EternalFlame I did miss that post :o thanks
Glad to be of service xD I only pointed it out like that cus my guide was called Marth setups/combos/strategies on its title, and the post was right above this one at the time. Sometimes people ask questions without looking on the boards, so I just found it a bit funny xD

But this sort of thing happens, and I'm more than happy to help out whenever I can. Now hopefully the guide will be of help to you on what you want to know, but videos are nice ways to analyse how you play and give tips from there. General stuff you can look at the guide for, but specific things usually better asked in a format like this. Though all this has given me inspiration for a new section, so I've gained something from this too ^^

Use the above guide by eternalflame, I cant even work out how much it cut off my learning curve and time figuring things out.
Judging from this, I'm doing something right in that guide xD But seriously, I am happy to hear that it's helping ya out.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Yeah haha I mainly looked at the sticky topics. I'm used to seeing the strategy/combo list/etc there, this specific character forum doesn't have many things stickied though lol.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Yeah haha I mainly looked at the sticky topics. I'm used to seeing the strategy/combo list/etc there, this specific character forum doesn't have many things stickied though lol.
Indeed xD Even the guide before mine (Emblem Lord's strategy notes) wasn't stickied either. Initially mine was just for my own setups and combos, but it eventually evolved into a guide. Not to mention the way I play would not be considered the conventional Marth from some of the stuff I go for, so I'm ok with it not being sticked.

A number of the character forums don't have a set guide sticked at the top. Instead, they just have guides posted in a different section (which I can't seem to find for the life of me xD)

EDIT:
Pff xD the link to it was at the top of the page, but here ya go anyways:
http://smashboards.com/guides/

Since mine just sorta turned into a guide, it can't be found there. So as things stand, it'll just be a Marth board only thing until I start talking to the right people regarding it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom