• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to get a Brawl + Crew in Fort Smith Arkansas started.

Tenbotsu

Smash Rookie
So long-short I'm trying to get together a crew to play Brawl + once a week or so. For a while we had a group that played Melee, and now with Brawl + I'm trying to get a group set up for us to practice together, go to tournaments together, and just overall have a good time. If interested, send me a private message or just post here. The more the merrier.

I have 2 Gamecube controllers so unless we have 3+ players at a time we should be fine, but feel free to bring your own if you wish to.

Hope to hear from you soon.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
So long-short I'm trying to get together a crew to play Brawl + once a week or so. For a while we had a group that played Melee, and now with Brawl + I'm trying to get a group set up for us to practice together, go to tournaments together, and just overall have a good time. If interested, send me a private message or just post here. The more the merrier.

I have 2 Gamecube controllers so unless we have 3+ players at a time we should be fine, but feel free to bring your own if you wish to.

Hope to hear from you soon.
well im not in the area but I have a monthly that is normally dedicated to Brawl+.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205928

check it out Northern MS and Memphis normally comes up here.

Tenbotsu

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your post, but there are a few reasons why I mentioned weekly.

1. 2 years ago, we had a crew that met weekly and it allowed us to play skilled competition more frequently. The more frequently we play together, the quicker we can get better, so we can prepare for tournaments.

2. Some of us live on the other side of Arkansas and would have a difficult time driving all the way to TN. Somewhere in Fort Smith would allow people who live in west central Arkansas to get together within close proximity to play Brawl.

It wouldn't be too much of a bother, I hope. 2 hours or so a week on a day that's most convenient for everyone [or at least the most people] just to get together to play Brawl +. I enjoy the competitive nature of Brawl +, but lack the players so in order for me to get better, I need players better then me so I can learn from them. That and watching skilled players Brawl each other is exciting, too. Sure watching online is decent, but having the social aspect of players there live makes it better, I think.

If anyone is interested in trying to get a crew set up, feel free to post or PM me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Regarding point 1, if you want a crew to get better for tournaments, that is great.

What KO posted was a tournament. TN isn't all that long of a drive for a tournament...if it's in Memphis. I can understand not wanting to go to Nashville though once a month. Maybe just for bigger tournaments when you know it's going to be a large turnout.

I think Little Rock has occasional tournaments of some sort, that's only 2 hours away from you.

I would also suggest looking for tournaments in the MidWest or Southwest regional forums. You are literally on the border of the Atl South, and a great majority of the tournaments happen in GA, FL, and some AL/TN on the side. There are some great scenes if you look in those other sections.

Tenbotsu

Smash Rookie
Regarding point 1, if you want a crew to get better for tournaments, that is great.

Tournaments and just friendlies where we have matches to improve our own skills, yes. I think Brawl + can have an enjoyable social experience even without the items and whatnot and I'd like to participate if I can.

What KO posted was a tournament. TN isn't all that long of a drive for a tournament...if it's in Memphis. I can understand not wanting to go to Nashville though once a month. Maybe just for bigger tournaments when you know it's going to be a large turnout.

Oh, I see. Sorry for the confusion then. But yes, I'd love to start going to tournaments, but a drive like that probably also requires a hotel to spend the night in. It'd be a decent way to get practice before the tourney, though. It could be fun. I've heard stories about tournies before and I've always wanted to eventually be good enough to play in one, but by the time I go into competitive Melee, Brawl was just a year away and I'd have to start over. I got disheartened by Brawl, but Brawl + I had to learn. It's just as fun [if not more] then Melee was, er... is.

I think Little Rock has occasional tournaments of some sort, that's only 2 hours away from you.

They did. I'm not up to date on the tourney scene, though.

I would also suggest looking for tournaments in the MidWest or Southwest regional forums. You are literally on the border of the Atl South, and a great majority of the tournaments happen in GA, FL, and some AL/TN on the side. There are some great scenes if you look in those other sections.

I see. Thanks for the advice!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

Tournaments and just friendlies where we have matches to improve our own skills, yes. I think Brawl + can have an enjoyable social experience even without the items and whatnot and I'd like to participate if I can.

Oh, I see. Sorry for the confusion then. But yes, I'd love to start going to tournaments, but a drive like that probably also requires a hotel to spend the night in. It'd be a decent way to get practice before the tourney, though. It could be fun. I've heard stories about tournies before and I've always wanted to eventually be good enough to play in one, but by the time I go into competitive Melee, Brawl was just a year away and I'd have to start over. I got disheartened by Brawl, but Brawl + I had to learn. It's just as fun [if not more] then Melee was, er... is.

They did. I'm not up to date on the tourney scene, though.

I see. Thanks for the advice!
actually no one ever has to get a hotel for my tourney cause I have a few people in town that House if somehow everyone cant fit in my apartment. Just thought Id throw that out there for ya.

Tenbotsu

Smash Rookie
actually no one ever has to get a hotel for my tourney cause I have a few people in town that House if somehow everyone cant fit in my apartment. Just thought Id throw that out there for ya.

That's fantastic! Thing is, so far there has been no interest. Oh well, it's only been a few days.

Top Bottom