• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to find more people of moderate-high skill level to socialize with

Elan Einlhander

Smash Rookie
Hello all, first-time poster here and hoping to find a place in a community of people who love Smash so that I can be able to discuss and rave about the game with others while improving myself.

I live in the midwest and I have been playing all the titles for ages and I would consider myself somewhere in the medium to maybe low-end of higher skill, with no real aspirations of a tournament life or anything. I just love the game, its mechanics, the nuances, the tech involved, the style, but no one in my social life feels that way so my gameplay gets pretty stagnant as you really need people who are also interested in that way to improve or even feel engaged. I also tend to struggle with making NEW social connections and don't really use social media. I play a lot of randos online in quickplay but we all know how sketchy that whole system is, and doing battle arenas without a community you know just seems like a disaster. I am hoping I will be able to find a small community of like-minded people to love the game with me so that I can feel more enthusiastic about learning more and improving at the game, even if it's just a small Discord server I can be the grumpy old man of.

I can never seem to settle on a true main but Fox tends to be where my heart is at, though he often frustrates me, and my other favorite contenders currently (Joker withstanding since that needs some time) would be Wario, Wolf, and Mewtwo. I usually sit around 4.5m GSP with them even though I doubt that is a very helpful metric with how online is handled.

I would appreciate any feedback people want to give on where to get started in talking more about a game I love a lot so it's not just making me furious alone in my office when things go sour.

-Ein

Last edited:

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to SmashBoards Ein! I haven't been here long myself so I'm not quite sure where to point you to gush over the game (I'm pretty sure that's everywhere) but for online play I recommend using standard tourney rules--the people you'll be paired with will be more likely to be serious competitors than otherwise.

Top Bottom