• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trusty Finishers

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
What are they, and what %, what are easiest, which ones look coolest, which ones require grabs and which ones don't?

Discuss

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
grab the person and Forwad smash them unless its a light char upsmash but if they have a bad recovery forward smash still works good.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Grab/UpSmash
BThrow/ UpSmash
DThrow/FAir/FSmash

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Grab + Charge U Smash + Dthrow + Release Charged U Smash= Kills at 100% on middleweights
Grab at end of Stage + Dthrow + Fair = Kills at 40% but I don't know about MK, Kirby, D3 and Pit
Grab + Smash + Smash = Kills at 130% for me

infomon

Smash Scientist
At the edge of a thin platform above the main one, eg. battlefield:

Fthrow or Dthrow -> Nana Fair -> drop just barely below the platform and blizzard while falling -> get Nana to grab them, or do another blizzard, or just smack 'em :)

I doubt it's ever optimal, but I do this for fun a lot on CPUs and in friendlies :)

If I'm solo climber, and grab 'em at low/mid percents near the edge of the stage, I down throw -> down-tilt, which sends them nicely horizontal. The right edge of Yoshi's Story is great for this because of the weird angle, it's a good edge-guard setup against opponents with poor recoveries.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
thanks for input so far, my biggest problem with IC's is just finishing right now, keep posting, the more the better

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ohh, how to KO you mean..... I love Uair and Bair for that, myself; I find them a lot trustier than smashes. Bair is hard if they're a small character (eg. Olimar) and they're on the ground, so I try to get them up + above me, space carefully, and smack 'em with an outstretched aerial hammer :)

Top Bottom