• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

True-Pivot Pivot Grabbing for Yoshi?

D

Deleted member

If this works, this could prove even more useful than ETS. It allows us to have a much more varied grab game, as well as even more options than we alreeady have out of a dash. I fox trot a lot, so this will give me something to mix it up.

Good thread.

bigman40

Smash Master
looked at it. Tested it. honestly, it's no different than the video I put up months ago that was DR to Pivot grab. The difference for us is that we can cancel it at any time while their's take a little longer (and technically, it doesn't since you can do this via dashdancing instead of pivotting first).

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
I cant see the grab being better for yoshi seeing as our standing grab blows. Might be usable out of the release to hit with Utilt / Ftilt > USmash or something, ill have to test it more later.

bigman40

Smash Master
I just looked at it a little bit more, and I think it'll help for those who fox trot to get around the stage. since you can do it out of a fox trot and a dash dance, it might prove some use a few times.

However, I'm still gonna stick to DR to Pivot grab as this way is much better (output wise) all around. Since you can cancel your run with DR, you don't have to worry about doing something else (like trotting the whole stage) to make this move happen.

Oh yeah, don't forget that pushing down shield and attack at the same time will give the slide from the pivot grab (R + A for those that don't understand. It's the same as a normal grab button). Pressing the grap button itself won't give the slide like the other method.

Depster

Smash Champion
So if I'm doing this right, yoshi gets a pretty good slide, but as of now I don't know if it's fast enough to infinite or lengthen chaingrabs

Top Bottom