• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Troulble against Link and Shiek

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Ok my bro favorite character is Link and Shiek. He uses them a lot. I can defeat his Marth (he is still learning to use him) but i can't defeat Link and Shiek.

Link
yeah the projectiles hurt me. All i try to do is put pressure on him and try to knock him out. How do i deal with a Link trying to get back on the edge. His up and b is something i can't figure out how to get around when he is trying to get back on the edge.

Shiek
She is fast. I can't hit her. Well i can't but she is dodges a lot of my moves. Need help guarding the edge too.

I don't use jigglys up b, down b and normal b. Should i start using them more. I have been able to pull of the down b from time to time but her other moves i have problems.

Help will be appreciated.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
sheik edgeguarding :

make an edge hog , so she had to sweetspot the stage , then ledge jump -> rest .

u shouldn´t use sing
u shouldn´t use rollout ( exept mute city )
u SHOULD use rest .

Have a nice day .

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Against Shieks, you have be extra carefull for grabs. A down throw means he can Uair of Fair you 100% of the time. So depending on where you are on the stage (if your in the middle he should Uair, side = Fair) you should DI accordingly. You should practice reverse Nair -> rest and Utilt -> rests, works really well against Shieks. Aerial needles can be a ***** too.

As for Link.... punish his slowness, if he misses a grab, up-b, Dair, you have alot of time to punish him, maybe not with a rest, but maybe a Bair to set up a wall of pain combo afterwards. You should play a little more defensively, watch out for the projectiles and punish when you can. Just watch out for Dairs, try to stay on the same level as the Link (If he's in the air, follow him. On the ground = stay on the ground ~) and you won't get over prioritized.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
platypus i hope you are talking about against sheik CC is godly against shiek.

Sheik don't get grabbed it will hurt. You want to look for up tilt rest up uair rest. Also get her off the stage grab the ledge then if she lands on the stage jump up and rest.

Link: Up tilt rest also works and uair rest. Very easy to carry off the stage with WoP. Mind games are very important try to get your opponent to miss and up b or grab and then punish them acordingly. Also once you get inside of the projectiles everything is clean sailing so just learn to get by them with mind games, like i said once you get inside up tilt rest is super easy to land.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
shiek is also vulnerable to the down throw rest combo. also with links up b, you can just wait on the stage, and after he finishes the spinning jump up and rest him as he falls, assuming hes above the stage and didnt grab the ledge. If hes going to grab the ledge just edge hog then roll on stage righ wen hes going to grab it.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I need a little help with this too, can you thoroughly explain the technique of down-throw resting.

im2emo4myshrt

Smash Apprentice
well the down throw rest only works if the sheik player doesn't DI, which is kinda unlikley. You mite be able to get lucky though. All u do is just down throw sheik and then jump to were she's floating down. It's not very hard.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
The only really good tip I think to play against Sheik is to pick a different character. She's a stupid ho.

Against Link I try and stay right up-ons the whole match. Trying to play defensively doesn't really work, because his projectiles will MAKE you go at him anyway.

Sliq

Smash Master
You can b-air and f-air the boomerang when he throws it at you, which should send it flying away, leaving him with only a bomb for a while. Get close to him, dodge the bomb, then b-air him.

Link is cake to edge guard. If he hook shots, just fair him. If he tries to sweet spot an up-b, grab the ledge, and when he gets close to you, drop off of the ledge by hitting back (away from the stage) and then moving the c-stick in the other direction, effectively stage spiking him with a fair unless he techs, or is at low damage.

All you really need to do to avoid getting hit by the up+b is to be behind the Link or below him. Then it is just a matter of hitting him.

Sheik is crazy broken against Jiggs. However, there are some trixxxies you can do. You can CC a dash attack at low damage and then instantly rest her. When you see a Sheik barreling towards you, your best option is to duck. If they dash attack, rest them. If they go for a grab, they will whiff, then rest them. The only real thing they can do is d smash, which you can tech rather easily. Sheik short hops too high to effectively shffl, so if the Sheik jumps, you have plenty of time to either shield or WD backwards (or forward under their aerial if you are trying to get tricky.

I recommend letting yourself get grabbed at low damage. Set up an instance where they associate a certain situation with a grab. Then, when you have enough damage on them, set up the situation, but this time duck their grab and rest them.

Since Jiggs can't really effectively edge guard Sheik, you have to either land some sweet b-air combos, or get a ton of rests. Sheik CAN be hit out of the startup of her up-b with a well placed f-air, but don't get too predictable, or you'll get f-aired instead.

Also, Sheik's needles are annoying.

Top Bottom