• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Link

Zelinker

Smash Rookie
So hi guys. :)
I'm kinda new to Smashboards, but I main Snake and I am having a really hard time against a level 9 Link...
See, since I'm not really "allowed" to play on wifi and such, I'm simply trying to defeat all level 9 CPUs on FD. Yeah yeah, FD is not the ideal stage for some of them, but I'm simply trying to get a no-frills stage for defeating level 9s. I have no problem with Bowser, Ganon, Marth, Ike, or ROB (can you say 3-stocked? lol.), but Link is giving me a big problem.
The level 9 Link just seems to out-prioritize me in most areas. I know it sounds crazy, but it seems true for me :(. Every time I do a mortarslide he always dodges/rolls out of it and hits me with a Gale Boomerang and a few arrows, with some bombs thrown in there for variety.
I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to defeat him. The only time I've actually managed to take away a stock was from a freak Fair spike after he cypher-grabbed me. Yeah, I ended up dying as well. His dair is annoying as hell, as is his uair. Spamming mortars to keep him away doesn't really work because he boomerangs me.
Got any tips?

Thanks in advance!
~Zelinker

Zelinker

Smash Rookie
Er...forgot to add this in the first post:
But um...advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Zelinker

Smash Rookie
The point isn't that I didn't see the "edit" button. The point is that I'm asking for advice here and you come in with a
"Computers are bad mkay."

Which doesn't really help at all in any sense of the word.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Remember Link's main weakness: his recovery.

Gimping Link is the way to go. Off the stage back airs or side-b would work.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I can give you advice how to beat Snake with Wario but you really don't want my advice on handeling anything with Snake. There arn't a whole lot of people who seem to like fighting high level CPUs. They teach you bad habits, and generally are just bad practise. So my advice is to stop playing against them because:

Computers are bad mkay.

cheetacuz007

Smash Apprentice
I can give you advice how to beat Snake with Wario but you really don't want my advice on handeling anything with Snake. There arn't a whole lot of people who seem to like fighting high level CPUs. They tech you bad habits, and generally are just bad practise. So my advice is to stop playing against them because:

Computers are bad mkay.
so stay on the wario boards

Nessasary

Smash Rookie
I'm also having trouble with Link and Toon Link, I can easily beat a level 9 computer, but I have trouble playing against Link players online, mainly because they're cheap and projectile spam (Which is heaven for my other main Ness) so I can never set prox mines, or use nakita missiles sucessfully because of their pitiful speed, even though they override all projectiles, so I need tips so get up close to a Link player. Any help is appreciated.

gritsniper

Smash Cadet
i dont see how your having trouble with link, whenever i face i mostly just nade spam until they approach me and and if they attack i just drop a nade and shield. his horrid recovery helps too :). and are you by any chance the zelinker on the battleon forums?

Zelinker

Smash Rookie
@gritsniper: Howd'ja guess? ;) Yeap, I'm Zelinker.

OK, so this is what I got from you guys:
1) Gimp his recovery. Bair and Nikita when he's offstage
2) Don't play against the CPU
3) Nade spam
4) Nade Shielding

I'll try these things...

Thanks for all the help, guys!
~Zelinker

Top Bottom