• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble With Jab Locking.

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
hey, just need some help with jab locking in general, if people already know about any instruction videos/threads can they please link me (i did have a quick check through before i get yelled at for not putting any effort in)

any advice from the few honourable link mains that are still here would be appreciated.

Cant be fooked with any abuse tho

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I am by no means an honorable Link, but while the enemy is on the ground:

jab > crouch > jab > crouch > jab > crouch > etc.

or I think you can even do:

jab, jab again > crouch > jab, jab again > crouch > etc.

After you get that down, all it takes is seeing oppurtunities to use it. You shouldn't go and try to do it unless the oppurtunity arises.

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
thanks for the reply,

ive tried doing this a few times but the player just easily rolls out of it, i suppose its all about getting the timing down...

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the reply,

ive tried doing this a few times but the player just easily rolls out of it, i suppose its all about getting the timing down...
After you initiate the jab lock, the enemy's only option is to get up (and eat master sword).
If he or she rolled out, that means that you did not jab (or arrow) in time, and thus failed to initiate the lock.

Also, after initiating the jab lock, Fear has found that pivot boosting (jab-pivot boost-jab) is easier (than the old fashioned jab-walk forward-jab) for those who can't time the jab just right (as an added bonus, it looks flashier).

Icyo

Smash Ace
Try Master locks. They are made by the same person who made Master Sword so you know you're getting the best.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I forgot to mention you have to walking forward just a little bit after each jab, that might be why they are getting up after you do the jabs.

Top Bottom