• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with button sliding - Some help?

CoreyTampa09

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I just wanna know if maybe you can offer some help.

I consider myself a high level 3 smasher but what to get to level 4 by incorparating more button sliding and flick uA and fA's.

For instance in the combo for fox when you Air Down A into flick up and repeat. I cant get low enough to complete the combo. I also have a similer problem with kirby in this technique and ness's down a.

Any help?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Do you mean down a followed by an up-tilt? It should be pretty easy to do. Maybe you're not z-canceling right.

Or do you mean the fox down-drill into u-air combo? That's a little harder but you just need to slide from down-c to A while tilting up. Alternatively you can use the analog to jump after z-canceling. It'll do the long jump up-air instead of the short-hop up-air and you'll end up above your opponent.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, shorthopping with the stick actually has a very noticeable difference in shorthop height...as in, a considerable bit higher.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
It should be pretty noticable when you don't short hop. Im assuming you're doing the Drill to up tilt and not up air. You dont really need button slide at all if you're fast enough, and if your're not fast either, just use the R button, its like a secondary A while in the air. Also, its not really a flick, its a nudge.

Another hint is to maybe fast fall your drill if you're still going too high. I don't mean FF during, but before you drill, MASH the stick down and press A/R.

Top Bottom