• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with a custom .gct file on Dolphin (3.6 netplay iso)

NickSmash

Smash Rookie
I am currently running Project M 3.6 on Dolphin Emulator v4.0-7161, using WinImage 9.0 to edit my virtual SD card, and have a Project M 3.6 Netplay iso being used. So far, it seems like the iso will incorporate any changes I made on the SD card's files (changes in any of the .pac files for example) into the game itself. The build on my virtual SD card is Homebrew.

I inject Project Ganondorf into my sd.raw image file, save it, replace all the files, etc etc etc, and it works fine, except that OoT Ganondorf does not have a voice (and many of his cool sound effects are missing). I believe that the source of the problem comes from the line of code that BGG added to the RSBE01.gct file, since the PM iso has a different game ID than SSBB. I create a copy of the .gct file and rename it under the game ID of my PM iso and inject it into the SD card.

No change.

The RSBE01.gct file is still in the virtual SD card file along with the new one named for the PM iso's ID. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since they have different names and PM seemed to be using xml files with md5 checksums and whatnot, but I could very well be mistaken.

I have tried launching the iso via Gecko 1.9.3.1 with no success (it gave me the error message "too many codes" and gave me an emulation window featuring a black screen with the usual dolphin HUD on the top of said window).

How do I solve this problem?/What should I do?

UPDATE: I also tried deleting the RSBE01.gct file and launching the game through gecko as well as via standard methods.

Top Bottom