• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble loading mods

Ælude

Smash Cadet
Hopefully this is the right place but I find it odd theres no topics about modding here as theres no sm4sh workshop thread.

I've lost alot of interest in sm4sh as of late but some of the cool texture mods i've seen lately have resurged alot of interest for me. It started when a friend asked if I could mod his wii u for some of the character skins and stage textures that are going around. Having pm and 20xx figured out with replacing skins, textures, effects, even animations I assured I could figure it out but after investing 3 hours i'm completely stumped. Help would be much appreciated as I feel i've let my friend down and also really want it for myself now.

I did come accross a tidbit that there might not be an exploit for the current update but I can't confirm this plus it was rather outdated.

I've tried 2 methods. The first using loadiine which everything seemed to go smooth but nothing loaded up in game. The second method was using xamp/apache and loading kernel and sd caffeine independantly from the wii u. After triple checking to make sure i entered the ip and the url correctly sd caffeine could not be found when trying to load (kernel could however)

I did have a general question as well. Your supposed to name the folder on the root of your sd a long series of numbers but it lists options for us, euro, jpn. I've been using US but I am Canadian and was wondering if the numbers change as its always listed as US and not NA.

Sorry for the wall of txt and thanks for any help.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Just a heads up, I'm not gonna be of any use as of right now.

I just started dumping the game several minutes ago and I'm waiting for it to be finished in a couple hours, I'll keep
this thread bookmarked and if I come into any problems like yours and fix them, I'll let you know and see if I can help.

Top Bottom