• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Trophy Rush?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I'm trying to go for the "Destroy 50,000 Blocks" Challenge. So far, my high score is with a Palutena with autoheal spamming heavenly light. I have no more random trophies to get, and I've been doing one TR tun after every All Star run, but I dont think I'm anywhere close to completion. Can we share some thoughts on the mode, like how to best complete that challenge, efficiency of getting customs through it, and other opinions? Haven't see a Trophy Rush thread here yet

David Wonn

Smash Ace
You are definitely on the right track using Palutena's Heavenly Light, as this is by far the most effective method. I did not use any auto-heal equipment though when I scored 827,620 points with a chain of 561 blocks and 9 fever rushes. Lightweight is another handy custom move to use as well.

Even if you do average 500 blocks per session, expect to be playing it 100 times. It is definitely a grind, though it was not as time-consuming for me as collecting all headgear or All-Star on Hard with all characters.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
You are definitely on the right track using Palutena's Heavenly Light, as this is by far the most effective method. I did not use any auto-heal equipment though when I scored 827,620 points with a chain of 561 blocks and 9 fever rushes. Lightweight is another handy custom move to use as well.

Even if you do average 500 blocks per session, expect to be playing it 100 times. It is definitely a grind, though it was not as time-consuming for me as collecting all headgear or All-Star on Hard with all characters.
Did you use any equips at all? The auto heal is sort of a failsafe against potshots from falling blocks and the inevitable bomb/cannon blast.

edit: nvm posted this after loading up the vid and seeing the beam sword, though I dont see the point of the sword

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I usually equip everyone with the beam sword in this mode, just in case. You are right though that in this particular run, I did not end up needing it. Auto-heal equipment tends to come at a penalty, and I stay on the move to avoid taking too much damage. My focus tends to be more on increasing speed for this mode, rather than attack or defense. Keep doing whatever works best for you, as long as you are getting consistent results.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I usually equip everyone with the beam sword in this mode, just in case. You are right though that in this particular run, I did not end up needing it. Auto-heal equipment tends to come at a penalty, and I stay on the move to avoid taking too much damage. My focus tends to be more on increasing speed for this mode, rather than attack or defense. Keep doing whatever works best for you, as long as you are getting consistent results.
Im able to consistently get in the ballpark of 500 per round, though I might end up changing my custom Palutena to be more speedy (she already has a speed bias) and see if that helps at all. I'm using an Auto-Healer Staff, a Risky Respawn Protection Badge, and will probably switch from a Crash Lander Agility Badge to an Antileap one. Speed is either +43 or +44, defense is +15, and attack is either +17 or +19

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All you can just do is grind and grind. The game doesn't tell you how many blocks you've destroyed outside of milestone messages, so you'll just have to grind multiple times, and make sure that you have enough gold to do all of those Trophy Rush sessions; 900G per 2:30.

As tempting as it may be to Golden Hammer the destroy 50,000 blocks challenge, it's not hard by any means (it is time-consuming though), so you should probably save your Golden Hammers for something much more atrocious to complete.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
All you can just do is grind and grind. The game doesn't tell you how many blocks you've destroyed outside of milestone messages, so you'll just have to grind multiple times, and make sure that you have enough gold to do all of those Trophy Rush sessions; 900G per 2:30.
This is my biggest problem, not having any way to track my progress sucks.

As tempting as it may be to Golden Hammer the destroy 50,000 blocks challenge, it's not hard by any means (it is time-consuming though), so you should probably save your Golden Hammers for something much more atrocious to complete.
Yeah. I plan on doing this one legit. I used a Golden Hammer on the "Get 3 KOs vs Diddy on Rival Smash" because I lost track of my character too often, "Clear all-Star on hard with everyone" because no, and "recover the stat boost a Metroid stole in Smash Tour" because of frustration and the fact that a song was behind that one. Im saving the last 2 for "10 man smash, under 25 seconds, with everyone" because I couldn't be asked, and "get all the mii hats" because I dont think they're important enough

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Yeah, it isn't difficult at all. There are a fair few characters that can easily do this challenge for you. I tend to just Dankey Kang it up and spam DownB, and roll to the other side as soon as I see the warning icon. But then I think just about everyone knows about this trick.

You know the Dr Mario challenge? I think it's to get 8 rushes in one run? What's the best way to get this? I heard using a star rod makes it alot easier. But what stats should I go for? Speed? Considering he is a little sluggish. I haven't really tried this yet. I tried once or twice, but haven't put much thought or effort into it. It'd just be nice to have a little insight on it before I try finishing off some challenges.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Ive actually been getting higher scores with palutena than DK so theres that.

As for Doc, go for speed and be aggressive. Auto-heal is nice so you dont die, but speed is the most important thing.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Ive actually been getting higher scores with palutena than DK so theres that.

As for Doc, go for speed and be aggressive. Auto-heal is nice so you dont die, but speed is the most important thing.
Yeah, I've heard Palutena was pretty good, I've yet to try her out though. I might give her a go when I begin the dreaded grind... x.x

When I tried with Doc it did feel like his speed lets him down, so I'll keep that in mind, cheers. cx

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yeah, I've heard Palutena was pretty good, I've yet to try her out though. I might give her a go when I begin the dreaded grind... x.x
when you do, make Heavenly Light her neutral special and spam the hell out of it. Also to make the grind feel less grind-y, do individual trophy rushes between completing other challenges. Right now Im getting through all star with everyone, so in between all star rounds I do a trophy rush or two. It helps

When I tried with Doc it did feel like his speed lets him down, so I'll keep that in mind, cheers. cx
Good luck! It will take a few tries. I succeeded here by getting the last fever rush at literally the last second.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah. I plan on doing this one legit. I used a Golden Hammer on the "Get 3 KOs vs Diddy on Rival Smash" because I lost track of my character too often, "Clear all-Star on hard with everyone" because no, and "recover the stat boost a Metroid stole in Smash Tour" because of frustration and the fact that a song was behind that one. Im saving the last 2 for "10 man smash, under 25 seconds, with everyone" because I couldn't be asked, and "get all the mii hats" because I dont think they're important enough
You probably made a bad move by using a Golden Hammer on Diddy Kong's challenge. His challenge is all about being patient with KOing the rival, and there is a challenge where you have to KO your rival 4 times in a single Rival Smash. You could potentially kill two birds with one stone as Diddy, if you're patient enough.

Anyway, you're only given up to 5 Golden Hammers, and there are a couple challenges that can easily warrant their usage.
  • Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes at intensity 9.0 while playing as Marth.
  • Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.
  • Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without any customizations.
  • Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all the characters.
Of course, it's probably a better idea to hold onto your Golden Hammers until you're at a point where you can use them without having any regrets. Sadly, there's no point of using a Golden Hammer on the 8 KOs in a single Cruel Smash challenge, since you pretty much "have" to do it as Lucina anyway.

With that said, all the Trophy Rush challenges are doable, and as such, Golden Hammers really shouldn't be wasted on them. And as for 8 Fever Rushes with Dr. Mario, you just need to take advantage of the golden blocks that appear, as they'll build up the fever gauge the quickest.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
You probably made a bad move by using a Golden Hammer on Diddy Kong's challenge. His challenge is all about being patient with KOing the rival, and there is a challenge where you have to KO your rival 4 times in a single Rival Smash. You could potentially kill two birds with one stone as Diddy, if you're patient enough.

Anyway, you're only given up to 5 Golden Hammers, and there are a couple challenges that can easily warrant their usage.
  • Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes at intensity 9.0 while playing as Marth.
  • Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with all the characters.
  • Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without any customizations.
  • Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all the characters.
Of course, it's probably a better idea to hold onto your Golden Hammers until you're at a point where you can use them without having any regrets. Sadly, there's no point of using a Golden Hammer on the 8 KOs in a single Cruel Smash challenge, since you pretty much "have" to do it as Lucina anyway.
I probably did, but I got so frustrated by that challenge that I had no other choice. I KOd my rival 4 times with Mac though because Mac is a glass cannon and lends himself well to a mirror match vs the AI. As for the challenges you mentioned...

For my "clear classic on 9 without losing a stock" run, I attempted it as Marth. I got as far as Master Core without losing a stock, but then I died. Pressed on anyway, cleared Classic, and whoops cleared the challenge yay!

Clearing all star on Hard with everyone was too much for me. All star on Hard is daunting. I hammered that one. No regrets

Classic on 9 w/o customizations was tough, but I beat it on my second try with Bowser. Love that big lug.

And I had to clear classic with everyone anyway for the trophies, so not only did I beat it with everyone, (I used customs and broken equipment to make it easier tho no regrets) I did it with the majority on 7.5, allowing myself room for a mistake.

Also, when I used the Hammer on Diddy's challenge, I had 6 challenges left to complete. The other 5 are the 50,000 blocks left one, collect 700 trophies, 10 man smash in 25 seconds with everyone, get all the custom moves, and get all the custom hats. I have 2 hammers left. 700 trophies will be done since I got every randomized trophy, so enough Final Smash trophies will get my count up to 700. I also want to get all the custom moves, challenge or no. Im using a hammer on the Hats later, because I dont care about custom hats, and am saving the last one probably for 10 man smash in 25 seconds with everyone. I'm in a really good position, challenge-wise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing is, 10-Man Smash within 25 seconds with everyone is quite easy to accomplish, so it's not even Golden Hammer worthy.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
The funny thing is, 10-Man Smash within 25 seconds with everyone is quite easy to accomplish, so it's not even Golden Hammer worthy.
Is it? I haven't tried. At this point all the challenges left seem doable but anything involving "with every character" gets an immediate negative reaction from me

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it? I haven't tried. At this point all the challenges left seem doable but anything involving "with every character" gets an immediate negative reaction from me
Yeah it may seem daunting at first, but considering that it often takes less than 30 seconds to complete 10-Man Smash, that challenge can potentially be done within 1 hour.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yeah it may seem daunting at first, but considering that it often takes less than 30 seconds to complete 10-Man Smash, that challenge can potentially be done within 1 hour.
Well the challenge is specifically to get it done in under 25 seconds with everyone. If you clear it with the whole cast, first try for everyone, thats under 45 minutes with the menu navigation. But its gonna get frustrating

Top Bottom