• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trophies in Brawl

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Well its kinda scary in fact because well I collected almost every trophy in melee but now im going to have to start over. Well atleast it will be fun I hope. I hope they implement a system that is much better than lottery. lol I just though off something, what if there was an online lottery where you spend coins and the winner of an online lottery gets a trophy that cant be collected ingame

Caael

Smash Lord
Paintings should replace them. That would be awesome. Imagine the opening sequence.

Maybe you could do online auctions for the paintings. So like compete with other people for the painting you want, and get higher.

Man, that would be sweet.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Virtual Collectible Cards will replace trophies.
These cards will feature a HUGE number of characters from all sorts of Nintendo video games.
Just a few ideas:
Pokemon-
Psyduck
Blaziken
Sceptile
Swampert
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Salamence
Metagross
Clefairy
Poliwhirl (Satoshi Tajiri's favorite Pokemon)
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Latias
Latios
May
Brendan
Dawn
Lukas
Munchlax
Pachirisu
Weavile
Bonsly
Buizel
Red

Pikmin-
Blue Pikmin
Yellow Pikmin
Red Pikmin
Purple Pikmin
White Pikmin
Louie
The Dolphin

Zeela12

Smash Ace
mabye instead of trophies, how about something like a 3D animation that we can twist around? that way we can study how Nintendo made all the mesh and figures and adding on to that, we can also learn how they animated them.

also, mabey take them from other games, and put them here, like the Fire emblem battle 3D stuff, or like tales of symphonia stuff, or any 3D game really, then animate them doing something (which should already been done in the game they came from), so this would be almost no work for the people making SSBB since theyr just taking it from other games, and we could learn alot from it.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
I think that they should just have some basic info about Nintendo, I sort of hated the trophy idea... personally. Painting, no... :D

NukeA6

Smash Master
Trophies were great and I enjoyed collecting. But it is over and done. There should be something else in Brawl.

2l82masterb8

Smash Rookie
Pictures would be good for the intro, but as the new trophies? No. I like being able to have the 360 view of my trophies. With pictures what would you see when you change the camera view to the back of the painting? Trophies worked fine in SSBM as will they in SSBB.

If I misunderstood and we aren't talking about paintings like pictures in a frame then my bad :D

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Pictures would be good for the intro, but as the new trophies? No. I like being able to have the 360 view of my trophies. With pictures what would you see when you change the camera view to the back of the painting? Trophies worked fine in SSBM as will they in SSBB.

If I misunderstood and we aren't talking about paintings like pictures in a frame then my bad :D
ya exactly, painting = 2D, boring.

trophies = 3D = yay trophies!

why 2D when u can go 3?

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
Trophies were a very cool part of Melee, and helped alot of people (including me) learn things about Nintendo. I like collecting them (or I did, but I got em all now) and I hope they come back in Brawl:)

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
Blahh, I still need to beat All Star mode on very hard to get my last two trophies

Zeela12

Smash Ace
i wonder how the storyline will be in brawl...?

one day a kid named "Master Hand" decided to start learning how to draw. He took up his paint brush and drew a Mario. SUDDNTLY the mario came to life.

then he drew a Link...

and then he thought, "what If I made them fight? wouldn't that be fun?"

so he started to draw cracker launchers and naked samuses.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'd LOVE to see trophies make a return to the game.
There wonderful to collect, and there usually and interesting read.
I'd love them back in, personelly.

themightytruk

Smash Rookie
I liked trophies and hope they return. They gave me a reason to accomplish various goals in the game rather than just playing matches after I unlucked all the characters and stages. Also, it was nice to learn a bit about the more obscure characters.

marth8000

Smash Cadet
i hope they keep the trophies it was fun collecting them all its somthing they definatly should not remove i just hope theres more :)

perfalco7

Smash Rookie
i collected all 290 trophies in SSBM... i hope they have over 1000 to collect this time

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Diskun pissed me off. In all honesty, I'm all for more unlockables, but I wouldn't be angry if there weren't trophys at all. The gameplay is what matters to me.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I liked collecting trophies too. I finally got over 200 yesterday. :p

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
They'll have to make the 1st player mode bearable this time if im gonna collect the trophies NO!...no...Statues

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
one day a kid named "Master Hand" decided to start learning how to draw. He took up his paint brush and drew a Mario. SUDDNTLY the mario came to life.

then he drew a Link...

and then he thought, "what If I made them fight? wouldn't that be fun?"

so he started to draw cracker launchers and naked samuses.
LMFAO NAKED SAMUSES.
Wow I almost fell off my chair.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I actually thought I had all the trophies because my lottery% was 0.00...but then I realized there's only a certain number of trophies you can get from lottery.
In total I have 274.
I live in Canada so I have the North American version of the game...how many trophies are in my version?

Top Bottom